Keep my launchpad after lift-off

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jaz000, Sep 9, 2015.

1. jaz000

jaz000 Member

Just realised my biggest bugbear with GC is something really weird.

I don't like the way that launchpads are removed and taken with you when you launch a rocket - I think it should remain and you have to take another with you (I mean you have to take fuel and a fuel loader etc)

It just makes it a bit harder to maintain a network of aesthetically pleasing bases for show

Vigilantecow likes this.
  2. pra

pra Member

I think you can force the rocket to leave the launchpad behind using a launch controller. Also, I just use a different type of block to mark the location where the launch pad is supposed to be as a placeholder

3. jaz000

jaz000 Member

Cool, I will checkout the Launchpad, yes I do use the pre-marked spot (with pre-supplied fuel and power) - although it doesn't say it works with passenger rockets ...

What would be good is a launch condition of "player entry" and have it take you to a pre-programmed destination

basically I'm trying to make rockets the attractive alternative to us using teleporters from other mods

4. 7eggert

7eggert Member

I'd rather have a permanent launch pad on each site, too, even if that launchpad was more expensive to make.

Also: If near the landing side there is a free launch pad, the rocket could land on that pad. Off cause you need to make sure nobody enters the danger zone and places a rocket while another one is landing.

5. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmmm, just to be sure: you know there's an option to keep the launch pad, don't you?