Keep my launchpad after lift-off

jaz000

Aug 10, 2015
Just realised my biggest bugbear with GC is something really weird.

I don't like the way that launchpads are removed and taken with you when you launch a rocket - I think it should remain and you have to take another with you (I mean you have to take fuel and a fuel loader etc)

It just makes it a bit harder to maintain a network of aesthetically pleasing bases for show

Reactions: Vigilantecow

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I think you can force the rocket to leave the launchpad behind using a launch controller. Also, I just use a different type of block to mark the location where the launch pad is supposed to be as a placeholder

jaz000

Aug 10, 2015
Cool, I will checkout the Launchpad, yes I do use the pre-marked spot (with pre-supplied fuel and power) - although it doesn't say it works with passenger rockets ...

What would be good is a launch condition of "player entry" and have it take you to a pre-programmed destination

basically I'm trying to make rockets the attractive alternative to us using teleporters from other mods

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
I'd rather have a permanent launch pad on each site, too, even if that launchpad was more expensive to make.

Also: If near the landing side there is a free launch pad, the rocket could land on that pad. Off cause you need to make sure nobody enters the danger zone and places a rocket while another one is landing.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Not in the config, it's a block. Place a Launch Controller next to the pad, right click it to make sure that "Remove pad" option is unmarked.

https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Launch_Controller

I assumed you knew the Launch Controller because the 2nd post mentioned it:
I think you can force the rocket to leave the launchpad behind using a launch controller.
And I was afraid the option to keep/remove the pad was missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugiteSoul

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
I never felt the need to explore a launch controller, but assumed it's for interdimensional transport.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
@7eggert Sort of... They are for setting up "Supply Lines" in conjunction with the cargo loaders and unloaders either interdimensional or the same dimension. The exception is the Nether, however you can remove it from the blacklist, but I wouldn't recommend it.