Does this happen to you too?

• Total voters

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Just when I thought it was over :(
I've been struck with the 97 to 99% allocated memory usage. All I did was explore outside my base a little :|
I'll try again and report back...

Blakemc

Feb 23, 2013
Ouch, are you using the best Optifine settings? thats all i had to do and i did keep some fancy but still i dont get the high memory usage or lag anymore. also try checking if other mods that be affecting the performance. happened to me! haha

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Nah, I've solves it for the moment. I just ran MC with 494MB allocated instead of 512. IDK why it fixes it, but it does and I'm not complaining.
Now how do you make a cheese block? lol

redsm97

Jul 20, 2013
this happens to me in the nether

Your game type (server or Client): Client
Your Galacticraft Version: 1.38
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Minecraft Forge Version: 9.10.0.789(installer)
Any other installed mods: Biomes-o-Plenty, MicdoodleCore(in case), and Skorpios-NotOnlyMoreOres-Mod
Error Report (if applicable): None
The game mode the bug occured in: (SSP/Survival Single Player, CSP/Creative Single Player) "I have tried both"

I have all my settings down low (even though it isn't optifine), i have tried the other mods without GC (in nether) and they work fine

MineCrack

Jul 27, 2013
@redsm97 and anyone else

It appears after much testing that BOP Nether Biomes and Galacticraft dont mix. I experienced the same lag. Went from 35-60 fps to 0-3 fps. I think it may have to do with OIL spawing in the BOP Nether Biomes. Perhaps a computation hazard with lots of oil and lava interacting together.
Do the Galacticraft Modders or anyone else have any advice/help on this issue?
Can I limit the oil production to only the Overworld?
Or are the BOP Nether Biomes showing up in relation to Galacticraft as "Overworld Biomes" and thus need to change the code on the BOP side so they register as NETHER???

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
@redsm97 and anyone else

It appears after much testing that BOP Nether Biomes and Galacticraft dont mix. I experienced the same lag. Went from 35-60 fps to 0-3 fps. I think it may have to do with OIL spawing in the BOP Nether Biomes. Perhaps a computation hazard with lots of oil and lava interacting together.
Do the Galacticraft Modders or anyone else have any advice/help on this issue?
Can I limit the oil production to only the Overworld?
Or are the BOP Nether Biomes showing up in relation to Galacticraft as "Overworld Biomes" and thus need to change the code on the BOP side so they register as NETHER???

If the biomes spawn in the Nether only, then they should already register as a Nether biome. In the overworld there is no lag related to oil coming in contact with lava, at least not in the most recent version. Do you get any lag using one without the other?

MineCrack

Jul 27, 2013
If the biomes spawn in the Nether only, then they should already register as a Nether biome. In the overworld there is no lag related to oil coming in contact with lava, at least not in the most recent version. Do you get any lag using one without the other?

No lag, that I have seen, using one without the other. And I haven't seen oil spawn in vanilla nether, only in BOP Nether Biomes. Your right about no lag(or so little its hard to tell) in the overworld when lava and oil combine. But perhaps that there is ALOT more Oil and Lava in the nether, this effects caculations/fps???
Unknown. What I do know is that the latest version of BOP and Galacticraft together, cause significant fps reduction in the BOP Nether Biomes.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
No lag, that I have seen, using one without the other. And I haven't seen oil spawn in vanilla nether, only in BOP Nether Biomes. Your right about no lag(or so little its hard to tell) in the overworld when lava and oil combine. But perhaps that there is ALOT more Oil and Lava in the nether, this effects caculations/fps???
Unknown. What I do know is that the latest version of BOP and Galacticraft together, cause significant fps reduction in the BOP Nether Biomes.

Well, I looked through the config and there is nothing which makes oil possible to naturally generate in the nether. So yes, this would likely be a compatibility issue.