thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
This likely isn't a Galacticraft issue, its a simple performance issue. Try allowing Minecraft more ram.

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
He is suggesting that as you install more mods, you should increase the RAM allocated to Minecraft proportionally.

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
You don't understand. When you install mods you (the user) should increases the RAM allotment manually. You currently have 1GB of ram allocated to Minecraft, try increasing that to 1.5Gb or 1.75GB.

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
I am using OSX, the procedure is likely different on windows.
I suggest looking it up on Youtube, there are plenty of videos.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
I suggest you use a launcher like magic launcher for your client. At that point you will be even across the board.. Settings are settings.. In Windows, OSX, and Linux. (so I'm told, anyway!) :)

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Rofl well good for you.. I'm not sure what your OS preference has to do with allocating RAM etc and minecraft play, buy hey - It's super that NOW we know what you prefer to play on.
(FTR - I like playing on systems I can design and build myself, carefully picking EACH and every piece as I choose and not be stuck with a limited selected by ANY vendor, be it Apple, Dell, etc).
The reason I suggested something like Magic Launcher - which works with ANY of the three OS's minecraft supports - is because you can easily configure settings like RAM very easily. You can also set up your own ".minecraft" folder anywhere and have it use that as any one of a limitless amount of options/mod settings etc.. But again - The big reason I suggested it was because it works with all OS's, and will allow the OP to adjust the allocated amount of RAM.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
You can change the amount in the minecraft launcher. Just check the JVM box. Change the -Xmx1G to -Xmx2G or whatever your system can handle.

Aug 8, 2013
basically open the minecraft launcher and choose the modded profile, then press the options button and go to where it says JVM then look across the code and there should be a bit saying 1G change the 1 to the amount of RAM your system can handle.
To see the amount of RAM your PC has press the start button and right click computer and press properties then it should open a windows displaying system info and it will say the RAM i reccomend changing the JVM number to 2 gigs UNDER what your PC has so if your PC has 4 gigs of RAM change the JVM bit to 2G. Hope this helped