Lighting on the moon

darkchyylde

Dec 19, 2013
Ok so normal and redstone torches don't work on the moon (even in a sealed oxygen filled room) which leaves only Glowstone at the moment. The problem is I find glowstone rather dim and I like a bright secret supervillain moon base. Any suggestions or tips?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I know it's not convenient, but I think the torches found in Moon dungeons might work in sealed areas. I do know that they are at least different from Vanilla torches because they won't stack together and they work like normal on the Overworld. Otherwise I just use lights, lanterns, etc from mods like Project Red.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Confirmed,

Normal torches work in sealed oxygen areas, asswell as redstone torches.

What?! The torches weren't burning for me. Maybe I just missed something somehow. Are they full brightness? And do you know if they are still bright when it gets dark outside? I thought there were people complaining about them not being bright enough when the sun goes down, but that may have been something that was changed.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
What?! The torches weren't burning for me. Maybe I just missed something somehow. Are they full brightness? And do you know if they are still bright when it gets dark outside? I thought there were people complaining about them not being bright enough when the sun goes down, but that may have been something that was changed.

Np they work fine in sealed oxygen areas they are fully bright, just like on the overworld.

And i know why people are complaning about it being not bright.

when the normal torch is grey (Not Burning) it gives a little little piece of light out. when its dark you can kinda see it.

But as i said in oxygen areas they work fine.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I meant that they burn like normal during the day on the Moon, but when it gets dark even normal amounts of light looked really dim. Glowstone lamps would hardly be visible during the night. It may have just been a lighting setting though. I never stick around on the Moon during the night so I just haven't seen for myself yet.