Liquid Pipes

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
It's okay, I just REALLY want some stuff added sometimes, I don't try to be annoying to people like you.

I just get irritated when you post the same thread over and over, it fills the suggestions with a lot of your own threads about the same thing. Bumping dead threads doesn't help either. I'm actually like this to everyone, not just to you or people on the forum, sometimes when you annoy me it seems like I'm more "hostile" than I actually am..

Like that ever happened.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Liquid pipes has been suggested a lot now hasn't it? Might as well make sure it's bolded on the thread for commonly suggested ideas. xD

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Liquid pipes has been suggested a lot now hasn't it? Might as well make sure it's bolded on the thread for commonly suggested ideas. xD
Galacticraft doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are already so many mods out there that have all sorts of pipes for tons of stuff. I still think its redundant and unnecessary for GC to add some too.

EDIT: Especially considering that the only thing in GC that really needs pipes is air, and there are already pipes in the mod for that. GC should focus on what GC is about, which is rockets and planets. Let mods that focus on machines and pipes supply the pipes.

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Galacticraft doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are already so many mods out there that have all sorts of pipes for tons of stuff. I still think its redundant and unnecessary for GC to add some too.

EDIT: Especially considering that the only thing in GC that really needs pipes is air, and there are already pipes in the mod for that. GC should focus on what GC is about, which is rockets and planets. Let mods that focus on machines and pipes supply the pipes.
Yeah. If liquids are added, which people might hate me for saying this, it still wouldn't need pipes to transport them. Not unless it became really important for you to transport a mass load of it. A good ol' bucket or canister is just as good as some pipe that takes the point of MineCraft out of MineCraft. (Not the major point, just some of the work.)

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I like this idea tough im using buildcraft :)

Turning GC into a jack-of-all-trades mod will just split the focus. Instead of having a great mod that adds rockets and planets, we'll have a mediocre mod that adds a little of everything. I'd rather have the great mod and install something else if I want pipes.

Before someone takes what I just said the wrong way, I'm NOT saying Mitch and his team aren't great modders. It's just the reality of being human. You just can't give a 100% to everything. The more you try to do, the more other things have to suffer. I'd rather have 100% focus on rockets, planets, etc, which are what make GC, than have 75% on rockets and planets and ~25% on pipes that can be found in tons of other mods anyways.

100% of attention that is already split between school, work, family and friends, which always (should always anyways) take priority, doesn't leave much to GC. 100% of 50% for example is 50%. The attention Mitch can give to GC is probably already lower than 50% as is. To split that fraction to add something that's unnecessary would be a bad idea IMO.

Yeah. If liquids are added, which people might hate me for saying this, it still wouldn't need pipes to transport them. Not unless it became really important for you to transport a mass load of it. A good ol' bucket or canister is just as good as some pipe that takes the point of MineCraft out of MineCraft. (Not the major point, just some of the work.)

Even then, the forge dictionary means that Mitch can let mods that add pipes worry about pipes while Mitch can concentrate on the rest of his mod. Same reason we don't need GC to add a quarry.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Turning GC into a jack-of-all-trades mod will just split the focus. Instead of having a great mod that adds rockets and planets, we'll have a mediocre mod that adds a little of everything. I'd rather have the great mod and install something else if I want pipes.

Before someone takes what I just said the wrong way, I'm NOT saying Mitch and his team aren't great modders. It's just the reality of being human. You just can't give a 100% to everything. The more you try to do, the more other things have to suffer. I'd rather have 100% focus on rockets, planets, etc, which are what make GC, than have 75% on rockets and planets and ~25% on pipes that can be found in tons of other mods anyways.

100% of attention that is already split between school, work, family and friends, which always (should always anyways) take priority, doesn't leave much to GC. 100% of 50% for example is 50%. The attention Mitch can give to GC is probably already lower than 50% as is. To split that fraction to add something that's unnecessary would be a bad idea IMO.

Even then, the forge dictionary means that Mitch can let mods that add pipes worry about pipes while Mitch can concentrate on the rest of his mod. Same reason we don't need GC to add a quarry.
True when i now think of it.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013

Well, except from it's like basically equating a codewise complicated machine to a repurposed duplicate of the oxygen pipe with new textures. :p

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Well, except from it's like basically equating a codewise complicated machine to a repurposed duplicate of the oxygen pipe with new textures. :p
Not exactly. Also, Mitch took the time to make sure GC was compatible with mekanism. What's the point of that if you want him to basically replicate stuff from that and other mods? One of the reasons he did it was so that he wouldn't have to make pipes for everything.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Not exactly. Also, Mitch took the time to make sure GC was compatible with mekanism. What's the point of that if you want him to basically replicate stuff from that and other mods? One of the reasons he did it was so that he wouldn't have to make pipes for everything.
Yeah.

(Not directed at anyone in general.) I know that this forum is for suggestions, but sometimes when people post they don't consider it that much. That, or it's already implemented and they didn't take the time to look. (Don't take this as that I don't like any of the ideas people post, I love a ton of them, but still.) Dex has a good point. Now, if Mic for some reason did decide he was doing more pipes, then that's different. You would expect these more types of pipes people post (just as an example) to be considered more often than not. (Not saying Mic doesn't care about the wants of his downloaders.) You get my point, I hope. Just listen to Dex, he is most certified to. . . [I forgot what I was saying, (Off Topic) my cat jumped on my dresser and fail in to my laundry basket.]

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013

Not "exactly" for sure, but not far from the truth either. GC's oxygen piping did adapt most of its coding from the electric wiring in the Universal Electricity's API.

Eitherway, I'm not saying nor ever have said that I'm against the concept you are expressing. As a matter of fact, that's what I loved with the mod Basic Components as it provided a framework for materials, wiring, basic power generation, and so on. Instead of having each UE mod "reinventing the wheel", you'd always have the same basic equipment no matter if you where separately playing Assembly Line, ICBM, Atomic Science, Mekanism, Galacticraft, or etc.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Not "exactly" for sure, but not far from the truth either. GC's oxygen piping did adapt most of its coding from the electric wiring in the Universal Electricity's API.

Eitherway, I'm not saying nor ever have said that I'm against the concept you are expressing. As a matter of fact, that's what I loved with the mod Basic Components as it provided a framework for materials, wiring, basic power generation, and so on. Instead of having each UE mod "reinventing the wheel", you'd always have the same basic equipment no matter if you where separately playing Assembly Line, ICBM, Atomic Science, Mekanism, Galacticraft, or etc.

True, but the oxygen pipes are also an integral part of GC. When the mod came out, there was no way to get oxygen from the collectors to the bubble machines/compressors. There were already tons of mods offering pipes for everything else though. That's the key difference between oxygen and every other type of pipe.