Liquid Pipes

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I guess I just don't get what is so difficult about choosing not to use certain items that a mod adds. I use Buildcraft just for pipes and pumps, Project Red just for lights, Railcraft for the machines and tunnel bore...I just choose not to craft the other items that are added with them.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I guess I just don't get what is so difficult about choosing not to use certain items that a mod adds. I use Buildcraft just for pipes and pumps, Project Red just for lights, Railcraft for the machines and tunnel bore...I just choose not to craft the other items that are added with them.
Some people are too picky about things like that. This IS why there are threads like these on the forum.

I still think fluid pipes should be added if needed for THIS mod.

corporalHicks

Dec 29, 2013
Some people are too picky about things like that. This IS why there are threads like these on the forum.

I still think fluid pipes should be added if needed for THIS mod.
Need? probably not but they would certainly be handy to have in the basics. I'm not being impatient just commenting on something I would have liked to have. Anyhoo rock on great mod.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I'm not saying that they should be deliberatley left out or that it doesn't make sense to add them, I just mean considering the mod's current state without them why people don't just use other mods. But yes, you are right. I suppose that would defeat the purpose of this forum. That is why it's here, to suggest additions and changes to this mod. It would be nice and convenient if it had all the things available as a stand-alone, independent mod. Like the fact that a refinery is made to support the pumping of oil in and fuel out of it, yet the mod itself doesn't provide a means to perform that action.

It could be argued that a mod shouldn't expect or require a user to already have another mod to be able to use all the available features of that mod.

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I just want to see a huge amount of use on those hopefully going to be new fluid pipes. So, loads of space liquids from other planets. And uses etc.

EVERY liquid can be extracted with BC or TE , Mitch didnt make his mod compatible with mostly all mods of UE for no reason.

I see Galacticraft as a mod that you mostly should have in a MODPACK.

Its hard gettin power with galacticraft on its own. and i always love playin Galacticraft with 80+ mods includin UE,TE,BC,IC2 and maybe omni tools sometimes

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
EVERY liquid can be extracted with BC or TE , Mitch didnt make his mod compatible with mostly all mods of UE for no reason.

Its hard gettin power with galacticraft on its own. and i always love playin Galacticraft with 80+ mods includin UE,TE,BC,IC2 and maybe omni tools sometimes

That brings it back to a good point. Even though I said it would be convenient for the user to not need to add other mods, why should a mod author make a feature of his own when there are already mods that do it and do it well. He might eventually make his own, but if I were to guess it wouldn't be soon so he can focus on things more specific to his own mod...like all those planets that everyone complains about not having enough of.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013

It is slightly hard, I had forgotten about the fact that coal generators are a pain when you start out and only have GalactiCraft.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
That brings it back to a good point. Even though I said it would be convenient for the user to not need to add other mods, why should a mod author make a feature of his own when there are already mods that do it and do it well. He might eventually make his own, but if I were to guess it wouldn't be soon so he can focus on things more specific to his own mod...like all those planets that everyone complains about not having enough of.
Those people can wait. Each planet must have researched done, decided on anything new to be added, stuff added from going to that planet, terrain, convenient and new items, mobs and other things. It's not simple if you think about it. Whatever comes next, I will love to have the new item/block/addition.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh
What I'd love: full on liquids.

So, all liquids can go in all 3 containers, (bowl, bucket, canister) (only canisters are big enough for a bar of amount) including mushroom stew, and they can all be piped. Some kind of cow/mooshroom milking machine would be a yes, so basically, a mad mushroom dude makes a farm, puts mooshrooms on a 'mushroom stewing' (as opposed to 'milking') machine, gets pipes, pipes the stew into houses, puts it into a boiler (see my thread marked with -main2's first suggestion) and uses it to heat a house with radiators, making a thick, brown and warm fog of mushroom stew coming out of the radiators.

Yep.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013

So, all liquids can go in all 3 containers, (bowl, bucket, canister) (only canisters are big enough for a bar of amount) including mushroom stew, and they can all be piped. Some kind of cow/mooshroom milking machine would be a yes, so basically, a mad mushroom dude makes a farm, puts mooshrooms on a 'mushroom stewing' (as opposed to 'milking') machine, gets pipes, pipes the stew into houses, puts it into a boiler (see my thread marked with -main2's first suggestion) and uses it to heat a house with radiators, making a thick, brown and warm fog of mushroom stew coming out of the radiators.

Yep.
This is galacticraft, though, not mad milking machine and farm enhancement. That has nothing to do with space.

This is galacticraft, though, not mad milking machine and farm enhancement. That has nothing to do with space.

Neither does liquid pipes, in fact. Well... it would help... but you must admit, all liquids (including mushroom stew) should be placeable in pipes, canisters, bowls and buckets. Maybe not the milking machine...

EDIT: and that mars cave sludge. Green stuff... yum. Drink it from a bowl, and you get a debuff that kills ya!

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Neither does liquid pipes, in fact. Well... it would help... but you must admit, all liquids (including mushroom stew) should be placeable in pipes, canisters, bowls and buckets. Maybe not the milking machine...

EDIT: and that mars cave sludge. Green stuff... yum. Drink it from a bowl, and you get a debuff that kills ya!
Mushroom stew isn't 100% liquid. There are mushrooms! xD

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013

Yep.
BuildCraft can have you milk Mooshrooms for their stew. I've done it before.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa

You can actually extract the green sludge using BuildCraft, its now scary in my liquid storage room!

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
ATTENTION! I forgot...

There are 2 more storage types, wait, no, three.

Bottles, cauldrons and portable oil extractors.

I want to see people extract molten gold from a tinkerer's construct table, and drink it from a liquid canister.
DRINK it? That would kill you!