Liquid Pipes

need2

Dec 5, 2013
Short and sweet. Pipes to support moving fluids. Mainly for oil and refined fuel, but ideally the pipes would work with any Galacticraft or minecraft fluid.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
or thermal expansion. Galacticraft doesn't exist in a vaccum, and like many other mods it's made to work better with other mods or part of a modpack.
The biggest problem of adding a mod for other mod is that, just because you need an item (e.g. a pipe for liquids) you end up adding dozens or hundreds of items and ores you don't need, when not redundant, and it will another mod to keep updated.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The biggest problem of adding a mod for other mod is that, just because you need an item (e.g. a pipe for liquids) you end up adding dozens or hundreds of items and ores you don't need, when not redundant, and it will another mod to keep updated.

As I've said before; I don't understand people that don't want to install other mods, but still want all the features and benefits from all those other mods. Galacticraft doesn't exist in a vacuum nor do I think it is intended to.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
As I've said before; I don't understand people that don't want to install other mods, but still want all the features and benefits from all those other mods. Galacticraft doesn't exist in a vacuum nor do I think it is intended to.
E.g.: Galacticraft has electric wiring. Mekanism too. Eletric Expansion too (dead, but did). IC too. The fact that other mods had electric wiring didn't mean that Galacticraft could not get its own. Does this mean that Galacticraft took benefit from other mods?

And even if giving 2 reasons why I don't install certain mods you still don't take them into account......

Did I say that some 3rd-party mods are incompatible with each other and may cause ID conflicts? I installed IC2, it crashed in my mod pack, probably I have to remove all the other mods and keep GC and IC only to run; and I haven't found TE for 1.6.2. BC removed my oil springs due to id conflict ("3377 item is missing")... Not a problem, backup restored.

----

EDIT: All in all, if the OP were suggesting something strange, not related or out of scope of GC, it's okay to say "install mods", but it's something related to and covered by GC. The suggestion, in my opinion, is sensible.

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
E.g.: Galacticraft has electric wiring. Mekanism too. Eletric Expansion too (dead, but did). IC too. The fact that other mods had electric wiring didn't mean that Galacticraft could not get its own. Does this mean that Galacticraft took benefit from other mods?

And even if giving 2 reasons why I don't install certain mods you still don't take them into account......

Did I say that some 3rd-party mods are incompatible with each other and may cause ID conflicts? I installed IC2, it crashed in my mod pack, probably I have to remove all the other mods and keep GC and IC only to run; and I haven't found TE for 1.6.2. BC removed my oil springs due to id conflict ("3377 item is missing")... Not a problem, backup restored.

----

EDIT: All in all, if the OP were suggesting something strange, not related or out of scope of GC, it's okay to say "install mods", but it's something related to and covered by GC. The suggestion, in my opinion, is sensible.

IC2 crashed your game because you didn't install it properly. ID conflicts happen. They are easily fixed. AT Launcher even seems to correct most of them for you on initial launch and/or gives you a nice little list of all the ID conflicts and suggests number ranges to use to fix them.

I don't know why Mitch added wiring. The mod worked fine with batteries and wires from other mods that more often than not will be installed alongside GC. Same with pipes. The mod works fine using buckets or pipes from other mods that will be installed alongside GC more often than not anyways. It's ultimately not my decision to make, but I'll continue to argue that it's unnecessary and splits focus from working on and adding planets and other cool features.

need2

Dec 5, 2013
Bah, internet fights.

If Micdoodle just added those ports to allow additional functionality with other mods, that's fine. I am not saying anything is broken or unusable, or that Micdoodle needs to reinvent the wheel. Just a thought on something that would make the mod a bit more polished.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Bah, internet fights.

If Micdoodle just added those ports to allow additional functionality with other mods, that's fine. I am not saying anything is broken or unusable, or that Micdoodle needs to reinvent the wheel. Just a thought on something that would make the mod a bit more polished.

Redundancies =/= polish.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Bah, internet fights.

The best part about opinions, is that they are just that. One's opinion, and do not regard the same merit or concern as fact.

corporalHicks

Dec 29, 2013
Personally, I don't want all of the automation that IC2 or bc adds on the server. Or all of the potentially destructive things they add. I also don't care to go through and turn off everything but pipes, pumps, and bulk liquid storage. Thus leaving a whole bunch of stuff that isn't going to be used but still resides on the server. Yes, I would very much like to see liquid transport pipes, pumps to move the fluids and bulk storage for fuel added to the base Galacticraft mod. Thank you for your time and a very nice mod.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I say, if GalactiCraft needs fluid pipes, then so be it be added. If it doesn't, then get out ye' old pale and scoop ye'self up some fine lookin' water.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I say, if GalactiCraft needs fluid pipes, then so be it be added. If it doesn't, then get out ye' old pale and scoop ye'self up some fine lookin' water.
If you really needs those fluid pipes, and you don't have the patience to wait, I reccomend dealing with the fact you might have to use other mods for simple stuff for a while.