Lite Version Without PlayerRenderAPI?

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
I absolutely love the mod and the expand-ability of it, but PlayerRenderAPI conflicts with MineLittlePony which is unfortunately a staple of our server. Would it be possible to get a lite version that doesn't rely on this? I'm assuming this is what modifies the animations of the player. I'm also guessing it causes a conflict with More Player Models for the same reason.

Nexonoid

Feb 21, 2013
I absolutely love the mod and the expand-ability of it, but PlayerRenderAPI conflicts with MineLittlePony which is unfortunately a staple of our server. Would it be possible to get a lite version that doesn't rely on this? I'm assuming this is what modifies the animations of the player. I'm also guessing it causes a conflict with More Player Models for the same reason.

is not possible, because the player animations (walking on the moon, the "good bye" animation, the parachute custom position and the 3d tanks) will not be possible, and will be weird being a pony on the moon, so if you are a big brony, im sorry but is almost impossible or will kill most of the cool things on the mod

Reactions: flashman111

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
To be fair, we don't want the mod for the player animations, as nice as they are. We want it for the spaceship and the planets/satellites. Also, I'm 1 of 3 non-pony members of the server but I know my audience and the MLP mod is half the reason the others show up. I wish we could drop Pixel Powers so we could get Mystcraft working again but they'd rather have their unicorn and pegasus powers.

Also, there are creepers, zombies, and spiders on the moon and you draw the line at pony?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
It isn't possible, simple as that. PlayerAPI does more than just creates custom animations, so getting rid of it would likely cause a lot more harm than good. Plus, this isn't Galacticraft's fault, it's PlayerAPI and MPM's issue, you'd have to talk to the makers of those and try to convince them to make them compatible (which I'm not sure is entirely possible). Galacticraft isn't Player API, it just uses it.

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
I never said this was galacticraft's fault. I clearly stated that the conflict is between player render and MLP and was asking if it was even possible to make a build that didn't use that. I can't imagine it's vital to the mechanics since you don't need it installed on the server, so I would reason that the functions being used in it are entirely aesthetic. From what I understand of these types of mods, no mod that changes the player model is compatible with any other mod that changes the player model. Not until some sort of Actor Dictionary is introduced at least. Believe me, I've tried. I would much rather have More Player Models on our server but the majority of the users won't let me get rid of MLP. So it makes more sense to me to ask if it's even possible to remove a reliance on the offending mod, than to try to get two mods to work together that in all likelihood can't and never will.

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
So PlayerAPI and PlayerRenderAPI are the same thing? I know Forge has a system for loading client and server versions of a .class file so I'm thinking they're not built for Forge.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
No, not the same, but they are fairly close and serve about the same purpose. Don't ask me for the specific difference, I don't know all those details. Probably something with to do with coding, which isn't exactly my forte.

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
Well PlayerAPI is compatible with MLP but PlayerRenderAPI isn't so they must do different things. I tried looking at the code myself but it's obfuscated to the point it would take me months to untangle PlayerRenderAPI from it and I still wouldn't know what purpose it serves.

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
That's why I was posting in a suggestion thread to begin with :p

Not just for myself, but I think this mod could find a home in a popular modpack like FTB Direwolf20 and right now More Player Models, which I believe is also not compatible for the same reason, is in that and other packs.

SnowsongWolf

Mar 7, 2013
It is compatible with FTB the same way it's compatible with MultiMC because FTB is just a launcher/modpack manager. But the Direwolf20 pack uses More Player Models which also modifies the player actor.