Looking for a way to put a Permission for Space Stations

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
Hey! As you can probably see by the title, I'm looking for a way to make a sort of permission for creating Space Stations. I would restrict it for regular players, and make it sort of a Donor perk.

If anyone knows of a specific permission node for Space Station creation, let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The only thing I can think of is blocking the creation of new dimensions. I know servers have such rules for mystcraft ages. The same thing might also apply to Galacticraft since each space station is in it's own dimension. Or you can warn players that their stations will be deleted without notice unless they have prior permission to make one.

Would be cool is Galacticraft included more server/server admin options. Like limiting station/rocket creation or setting a station as a server spawn.

As a server admin, here are some ideas you might be interested in supporting:
Server admin options to create public Space Stations
Space Station escape capsules/drop pods.

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
The only thing I can think of is blocking the creation of new dimensions. I know servers have such rules for mystcraft ages. The same thing might also apply to Galacticraft since each space station is in it's own dimension. Or you can warn players that their stations will be deleted without notice unless they have prior permission to make one.

Would be cool is Galacticraft included more server/server admin options. Like limiting station/rocket creation or setting a station as a server spawn.

As a server admin, here are some ideas you might be interested in supporting:
Server admin options to create public Space Stations
Space Station escape capsules/drop pods.

That sounds pretty cool, but I want to find a way to actually DO any of these things.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
That sounds pretty cool, but I want to find a way to actually DO any of these things.
Well that's where your job as a server admin comes in. How do other servers do it? I mentioned deleting mystcraft ages. That should take absolutely no instruction.

I have no idea what you're running your server on. Which version? Is it a bukkit server? If it's a bukkit server, there are tons of plug-ins out there that limit permissions in different ways.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Hey! As you can probably see by the title, I'm looking for a way to make a sort of permission for creating Space Stations. I would restrict it for regular players, and make it sort of a Donor perk.

If anyone knows of a specific permission node for Space Station creation, let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Type /help and there are new commands I believe. Some of which should allow permissions for space stations.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Type /help and there are new commands I believe. Some of which should allow permissions for space stations.
Those don't limit the creation of space stations. It's to invite people to one. AFAIK there's no command to stop or limit the creation of stations. You'll probably have to use 3rd party plug-ins or good old fashioned manual policing.

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
Err... I don't exactly know what you mean by deleting Mysticraft ages... And I haven't seen other servers do this, that's why I'm asking here.

Well, it's a Bukkit server. And I've got PLENTY of ways to restrict permissions, I just don't know what the permissions are... That's pretty much what I asked.

I just want to know the permissions. :p

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Err... I don't exactly know what you mean by deleting Mysticraft ages... And I haven't seen other servers do this, that's why I'm asking here.

Well, it's a Bukkit server. And I've got PLENTY of ways to restrict permissions, I just don't know what the permissions are... That's pretty much what I asked.

I just want to know the permissions. :p

I don't know how much more simply I can make it.

1) Mystcraft ages work by creating new dimensions, which are folders in your world's save folder. GC stations pretty much work the same way. Server admins often warn people that if they make dimensions without permission, they will be deleted. Same thing can be done with Stations.

2) Maybe you should read the documentation that came with those plug-ins or ask on the forums related to those. I don't see how you expect us to guess everything for you.

3) There ARE no permissions other than a command to invite people to a station.

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
I know this much. I wish there was a way to put a permission on space stations, because it can be a really annoying thing to have to individually delete the station folder.

That's what I'm looking for. A way to make it so that I don't have to individually and manually delete the station folders.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I know this much. I wish there was a way to put a permission on space stations, because it can be a really annoying thing to have to individually delete the station folder.

That's what I'm looking for. A way to make it so that I don't have to individually and manually delete the station folders.
They would end up stopping the more you do it. Don't know what else you could do.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

I gave you as much information as is available.

No offense, but if it's too hard to manage you server, which includes deleting folders or items when necessary or doing the necessary research based off the information I gave you (hint: MYSTCRAFT), then maybe you shouldn't be hosting your own server. Not trying to be a douche, but being an admin/owner of anything is hard work. I don't know if I'd trust in the longevity of a server where the admin thinks it's really annoying to delete a folder every once in a while.

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
I'd be fine with it, but I'm just stating how cool it'd be to make it automated. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do think that it would discourage players. That part I think would work

Thanks!

Unless anyone has any further comments on the matter, I think this thread should be closed. :)