Lunar Lander Inventory Lost

Discussion in 'Support' started by Benjamin Dickenson, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Benjamin Dickenson

I had gone to the moon and set up my base, and realized that regular torches don't work on the moon, so I went back to the overworld, went to the nether and grabbed some glowstone for glowstone torches. When I went back to the moon, I got out of my lunar lander, and when I went to check the inventory of the lander, everything was gone, including my rocket and rocket pad. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried immediately exiting the game without saving, but when I went back in, the inventory was still blank.

2. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

How did you return to the overworld, and get back to the moon?

3. Benjamin Dickenson

took the rocket that was in my lunar lander inventory, refueled it with the extra fuel loader I brought with me, and went back to the overworld. Then once I had gotten all the new supplies I needed, I used the same rocket to fly back to the moon.

4. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

When you got back to the moon did you have 2 landers? I have never done this so I'm not sure exactly what happens to things when you launch and return via rocket. I use teleporters to go back to my space station or the overworld. I know the Dev's are very active here and hopefully one will respond. At the very least I will look into it and see if the Wiki needs an update or a note. At this point it looks like you need to restore to a previous backup, or just use the creative tab to get the stuff back. Sorry I can't help you more.

5. Benjamin Dickenson

More than likely I will need to restore to a previous save. If I had to guess what happened,the game leaves the previous lunar lander on the moon when you leave, and when I went back, my new lunar lander landed in the same spot as the first one, and now they occupy the same space. So when I am going to check the inventory of the lander, the game is only seeing the first one, and not the second one.