Mars Better Caves

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Hi Guys
( This idea Is From Minecraft 1.8 Version )

in minecraft 1.8 snapshots they add new kind of stones and it now look amazing

2014-06-17_09.22.48.png

But What About Mars
Why Don't We
Upgrade With Minecraft Versions

This idea Would Be Cool in Galacticraft 4 ( 1.8 )

2014-06-17_09.27.21.png ( Sorry if Textures is :confused: Because i texture fast as i can )

Regular Sand : Down You See Overworld Sand it Would Be nice if Overworld Sand is There

Martian Sand : The Orange one , it will be useful to Make Martian TNT ( Better 5 Times )
Cold Stone / ice Stone : Blue one , That Stone Will Be more rare 10 times than other stones
it can be used to
1. make decorations blocks 2. When You Put Near Glowstone / Glowstone torch it Become Water
3. When u Broke it Give ice Dust wish can used to Make machine that make Cold Bubble ( it could be used in hot planets like Venus / Mercury )

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
You could use red sand.
I think, ice dust could be used to crate heat-proff module or...
Filling bucket with water:
1. Craft bucket and ice dust.
2. Melt bucket of icy dust.
3. Enjoy your bucket of fresh, delicious, sludgeling-free (propably) martian water!

Putting it near glowstone is too easy and can cause flood.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
This is something that bugs me about GC Mars: when I walk on the terrain, it feels like stained clay. The actual Mars is covered with sand (sort-of redish regolith), gravel and rocks. Also, GC Mars terrain and underground should resemble a little more with The Overworld.

I once did an experiment by which I converted The Overworld terrain into a martian landscape by replacing grass with sand, all superficial water was removed leaving "dried out" rivers and lakes, underground water was frozen... The terrain did get the martian character with enough variety. It turned out well in the end: link for the curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
This is something that bugs me about GC Mars: when I walk on the terrain, it feels like stained clay. The actual Mars is covered with sand (sort-of redish regolith), gravel and rocks. Also, GC Mars terrain and underground should resemble a little more with The Overworld.

I once did an experiment by which I converted The Overworld terrain into a martian landscape by replacing grass with sand, all superficial water was removed leaving "dried out" rivers and lakes, underground water was frozen... The terrain did get the martian character with enough variety. It turned out well in the end: link for the curious.
You Mean Like This
2014-06-17_16.04.05.png
in 1.8 You can make The World Without Water
if Mars Was Like This it Would Be So Realistic

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
I agree that the caves need to be improved, but I honestly would be interested in a few new sound effects because of how dark they look upon entering and it gives me that whole" scary unknown" feeling