Mars sky and atmosphere

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Truly isn't NASA the sole space agency to have explored Mars. During the Space Race, the Soviet Union had a few probes sent themselves to Mars. I'd recommend checking out through this exclusive catalog of Soviet Mars images.

In modern times, however, we got Mars Express lead by ESA, which is completely independent from NASA.

Now, why pictures of Mars is often represent with color inaccuracies isn't exactly a part of a secret conspiracy that wants us to think Mars is literally a red rock. Ezer has already given us a basic explanation, but still, it's often space agencies are using a red color filter when taking pictures of Mars – and with a good reason: It's a technique used to increase contrast and bring out terrain features that might had otherwise been hard to distinguish. In fact, Amateur astronomers are doing this themselves.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
I love how intelligent persons(honestly) come here talk about Mars. :) after i was away for weeks now its good to see my suggestion isn't rejected. How did you do the red sky? Can you give it to me too? Because i don't like the black sky too much...

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 - is normal clouds .. Mars has oxygen in the atmosphere, this makes them believe clouds, oxygen and water in the atmosphere, ideal environment for life

lie nasa: Mars has no oxygen

2 - Mars is NOT red, Mars is a planet with red spots, and on earth there are vast deserts in africa and elsewhere

lie nasa: Mars is RED

photos of all before the curiosity probes

marte1.jpg

curiosity photo

Imagen-Curiosity-Sharp-horizonte-Marte_ECMIMA20120810_0046_4.jpg

1344260838-571.jpg

difetent? ;)

3 - a NASA discovered it lying, nasa had to ADMIT that ALL PIX of Mars have been HANDLED with retouching programs

ALL PHOTOS!

was discovered through the, SUNDIAL

if you do not know which is a sundial is this!

mars-spirit-sundial.gif

conjunto5.jpg

This was discovered by the NASA LIE!

THANKS TO THIS!

curiosity in all of the photos now NO LONGER RED! As you can evr here, even so are manipulated

on Mars that are BLUE skies with clouds and land often tend a color almost IDENTICAL to earth

least in desert areas with red hues

4 - lie nasa: Mars has no atmosphere because it has no magnetic field

has long been known as that is a LIE!

and now NASA ADMITS that no magnetic field may, MAY have!

having magentico field makes the existence of oxygen and water and clouds we SEE, it has more consistency

-----------------------------

marsTrueColor.jpg

Mars left tells us that is the nasa, hubble photo right, and amateur

because there is so much difference?, because NASA photo is a lie!

see GREENISH the dark and the bottom?
aqui voy a poner lo que postee en minecraft forum

--------------------------

1 - because you put RED mars?, Mars is a planet NO RED, as the FAKE photos of Mars taken by NASA, and NASA so that doctored RECOGNIZED WITH PHOTOSHOP! or equivalent

Mars has desietos something red, SOMETHING, not quite red, and 50% of the planet NOT RED

as you can see in these images of the [font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]Universidad de Arizona ( [/font]http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_033262_1725 ) in HD, COLOR .. and these last, nasa and recognize that after I draw were 1 FALSE, and NASA has to take pictures + - real, more like Earth

original-1.jpg

ku-xlarge-11.jpg

ku-xlarge1.jpg

original-2.jpg

original-3.jpg

original1.jpg

so the mod should change the color and remove the RED

2nd gravity of Mars is similar to Earth a little lower in gravity tends mod how if we were on the moon, that's unreal

here photo nasa falses
marte_viking_lander1.jpg

desierto.jpg

Mars-Schiaparelli.jpg

after having to publicly rectify and recognize the errors in the sundial and retouch photo photoshop mars

if you do not know which is a sundial? explanatory image here

mars-spirit-sundial.gif

Imagen-de-Marte-del-Curiosity_54341610324_54028874188_960_639.jpg

Curiosity-marte.jpg

photo of the planet Mars taken by an amateur, and says it's up nasa bag down like an amateur

diapositiva3.jpg

so would be the version of NASA, according to his HANDLING of the image of the earth if applied the same technique

up like NASA would say it would land, abjo your picture retouching, down as it really

is an example of what is happening on Mars

pd. the moon is not black and gray, has COLORS TOO!!, but that's another story

diapositiva31.jpg

it's time PERPETUATE not,,, lying,,, that Mars is a planet RED, no is RED!
My mind=blown

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
One important thing I forgot was to link the article The Colors of Mars.

Color calibration is actually a pretty complicated process. Since there is none on Mars to actually judge the environment, the camera calibration has to be remotely achieved with the help of a color chart and a lot of testing.

When speaking of it, on page 2 of the same article, the sundial of 'Spirit' makes an appearance. However, there the lower right corner is blue just like it's supposed to be. I'm really getting a feeling the earlier shown "proof" about it suddenly being red on Mars is in reality a forgery made by some conspiracy theorists. I would like to see the actual original footage of that image before even considering it could have just simply been a failed calibration of colors.

By that, those "false" photos of the Martian surface is actually early pictures taken by the Viking landers (whereas the former photo is infact the first color image ever taken on Mars). Like explained in the article "The Colors of Mars", they had a lot of tweaking and calibration performed on the landers' cameras. They where the first probes to have successfully landed on Mars after all. On NASA's official site, you may even find an alternate version of the latter image, and that's just one example.

I also don't know what's up with those images conspiracy theorists are claiming to be showing the "true colors" of Mars. Only because they applied some auto white balance to the original pictures it doesn't make them "real". The process of white balancing colors simply assumes something in the scene is white, so it's really just a simple retouch based on a mathematical formula found in many image editing softwares.

By the way, that supposed amateur photo of Mars is actually an image taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. This is how Mars would actually look like seen from a decent amateur telescope:

26astro-mars533.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidianpower790

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
when will mars have an atmosphere?
I think it's kinda boring to see stars during day like on the moon,instead of having an orange sky (grey at sunset)

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
Also, you might be able to see the Earth from mars.
(It's in the hexagon)

Attachments

• 2013-10-27_20.29.17.png
    2013-10-27_20.29.17.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 7

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
Mars is way too dark, Now if you think about it: Mars has a very thin atmosphere and wouldn't block light as much as it does now. I do not like this. Make it as clear as in Yogscast's Lewis And Simon's video.
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w398/margaul/Duna Rover/8_zpsf22fbf2c.jpg Somewhere around that brightness with the atmosphere. the black atmosphere is way too thick for Mars. It has glowing red thin atmosphere
Anyone gonna reply to this and ask micdoodle?
Isn't that picture from Kerbal Space Programme?

Bulldog703

Nov 24, 2013
Hello
So I was experimenting with mars, and I thought about how the mars atmosphere shows up as you launch away from mars. I thought maybe when you looked up on mars, there could be a slightly transparent sky so you can still see earth in the distance, but it also looks like there is a sky