Mars sky and atmosphere

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Does Mars use a different sky than other planets? If so, a texture pack could make the change for now.
I have a strong feeling the Galacticraft skies are hardcoded, procedurally generated or such. I tried to modify them through resource packs and failed miserably. :(

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Hey!

2014-01-15_00.17.57.png

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/behold-the-glory-of-olympus-mons.3131/#post-21592

Reactions: wolfboyft

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Are people still having problems with the Mars sky only visible on far view?

Well, with the holy power of widescreen one can see past the unavoidable dark illusion and have a partly visibility of the stars and the Sun. The damned fog of far view is precisely on the brink of completely shrouding the entire Martian skybox.

jSq5f1d.jpg

But yeah, as the skybox does have a depth, I presume the technical reason why the Overworld and that spiral galaxy sprite (the latter not seen in the picture) isn't affected by this is because they are located closer relative to the player's view, meaning they aren't within the fog's range. Although, what kind of customizations the extraterrestrial skies in GC might have received over the vanilla one is something I don't know.

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
screenshot3.png (you can see the re-entry effects as red on the Lander)
The atmosphere's red here :):D
I wonder if the atmosphere could do the same:rolleyes: