MCDarkVeil Brought Up Worms

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
MCDarkVeil brought up the worms that have been removed. MicDoodle commented on that saying he never meant to release them until they were ready, but while they are being worked on, I would like to throw in my opinion. I think we should make the worms even scarier. Minecraft needs some scary creatures, especially with GalactiCraft planets. I think these worms need to be parasites. Its sludgeling babies need to find a host, and maybe they burrow into your body, past any armor you might be wearing, and burst out as a youth, which is considerably stronger than the sludgeling, but weaker and smaller than the adult, but at this point it grows over time and will melee you if it sees you. When it matures into an adult, it will be ready to reproduce, and it will see players and minecraftian mobs as possible hosts, even hostile ones. Adult worms will protect youths and sludgelings. They can fire bacterial sludge at you, which can dissolve your armor, and if you have no armor to protect you, it will instantly kill you, and turn your corpse into a walking, zombified nest of sludgelings, that will infect any humanoid it kills into the same zombie-based creature. When an adult is close enough, it will pin you down (I imagine to where your laying down as if on a bed). You can't get up if this happens unless you kill the worm. The worm will keep biting at you. Its bites won't kill you, but will heavily damage your armor, but if it bites you and you have no armor, or your armor can no longer protect you, its bite will kill you, and your corpse will become a youth worm, for the adult has injected a sludgeling into you.
(Possibly replace zombie thingy with youth worm)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Just. . . When did this become a horror game that kids can't play? Sounds epic, I'd love scary stuff, but. . . Not kid friendly.

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Just. . . When did this become a horror game that kids can't play? Sounds epic, I'd love scary stuff, but. . . Not kid friendly.
Doesn't have to be in a particularly gory or scary cutscene, I'm just suggesting ideas to have common enemies that maybe have a little more thrill than a creeper, after all, zombies infect villagers and many real life species of worms are parasites, so a parasite worm may be a creative twist (which is also what I'm aiming for) to a suggested idea, doesn't have to be gory (and zombies are in minecraft, and like zombies, many monsters are scarier concepts than portrayed in minecraft) and worm zombies might add the hostile organization that minecraft doesn't have

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
When you get really rich, you can maybe raid worm nests, after all, minecraft and mods add a lot of features that can be very fun to exploit in raids, and some are even meant for raids, but the only real organized foe to raid is (at times) another player or group of players

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Basically minecraft needs some hostile with a home front, and it needs some hostile (with a home front) that semi-intellectually retaliates to a player's attack on its home front, and it should maybe have organized raids on your home front which it identifies by excessive unnatural blocks (like too much cobblestone, or by an unusual amount of other man made blocks like wood planks, stone bricks, slabs, bricks, torches, beds, etc.)

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Galacticraft worms seem perfect for the job, but maybe have some minions that could wield weapons and tools