Meteor-Proof Blocks

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
Don't you hate it when you're inside you're Moon Base, and then suddenly a Meteor crashes into it, and you start losing oxygen?

Well here's a solution for that!

Well rather a few solutions....

1. Meteor Proof Blocks: Probably the most popular of all ideas, these blocks can take hits from Meteors no problem. They can come in the form of normal building blocks, or Glass so you can see into Space protected. I was thinking it should crafted using either Desh or Titanium, as it adds more value to them.
  2. Force-field: This idea is also popular, especially in Sc-Fi. Similar to how the Bubble works, you can make a Force-field that meteors can land on, but stop there. This is probably the most possible of the three ideas, due to certain mods possessing force-fields.
  3. Lunar Regolith. This is the idea that most use in real-life. Essentially, you can put Lunar-Regolith on top of the Moon Base, and it will give you better protection from Radiation and Meteors, taking the damage instead. This is the least reusable of the three ideas, but it could be possible to make a Lunar-Regolith generator on top of a Moon Base.

any other ideas?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I built my moonbase with a roof of obsidian and hardened glass from ThermalExpansion. But yes, GC should add it's own hardened blocks. For example, just like you have those tin deco blocks, add titanium deco blocks, crafted from compressed titanium. Or steel, at least.

I'm not sure how much protection regolith would be, unless you bury really deep beneath it. In the end, regolith is just gravel

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
I built my moonbase with a roof of obsidian and hardened glass from ThermalExpansion. But yes, GC should add it's own hardened blocks. For example, just like you have those tin deco blocks, add titanium deco blocks, crafted from compressed titanium. Or steel, at least.

I'm not sure how much protection regolith would be, unless you bury really deep beneath it. In the end, regolith is just gravel
Hardened Glass doesn't work with the Oxygen Sealer I thought.

And I take it the forcefield idea is already possible?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
You can make any glass work, you just need to add it to GC's config. I think this would work for forcefields, too, if the corresponding mod implements them as blocks.