Meteorite Protection

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BumblebeeCannon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. BumblebeeCannon

So my buds and I have been playing on my friend’s new modpack on my server, and our mission is to set up a habitable base on each Galacticraft Dimension and after completing the moon base, we ran into a few problems. Meteorites constantly landing around the base as well as on the base. At first it was kinda cool to see all these meteorites, but then… it became quite a task to repair all the damage.

Basically, my idea is to implement some way to combat meteorite landings, or at least the damage; there are a few ways to go about this:

1: A command to reduce the spawn rate of meteorites. Maybe /meteoritespawn (0-100)

2: A gamerule to disable meteorite damage. /gamerule meteorDamage (true/false)

3: A machine[​IMG]/laser to destroy oncoming meteorites with the cost of energy.

Thanks for reading and please consider this idea!

Vigilantecow and MCcraftingCz like this.
  2. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

Are you playing the newest version? Because i'm not sure if meteorites cause damage to the enviroment as of now.

I checked the Wiki. it appears they still do damage. I'm not sure there is a config option for that...

3. BumblebeeCannon

I checked and I didn't see one

4. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

5. EnderSpace

EnderSpace Member

I think this idea should protect you from meteors on Moon cause there is no Atmosphere and Mars cause the thin atmosphere, but that mean there should be new feature added "Harmful Meteors to Humans & Environment"

6. Star Lord

Star Lord Member

If anyone reads this. In 1.7.10 is an easy way to prorect yourself. Just type "/gamerule mobGriefing false", because Meteorites are counted as an entity.

7. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

What version are you running? iirc they just made a fix so they don't damage vertical surfaces. Also iirc you can use obsidian for "roofs" and they shouldn't break.

Ezer'Arch likes this.