Meteorite Protection

Dec 26, 2014
So my buds and I have been playing on my friend’s new modpack on my server, and our mission is to set up a habitable base on each Galacticraft Dimension and after completing the moon base, we ran into a few problems. Meteorites constantly landing around the base as well as on the base. At first it was kinda cool to see all these meteorites, but then… it became quite a task to repair all the damage.

Basically, my idea is to implement some way to combat meteorite landings, or at least the damage; there are a few ways to go about this:

1: A command to reduce the spawn rate of meteorites. Maybe /meteoritespawn (0-100)

2: A gamerule to disable meteorite damage. /gamerule meteorDamage (true/false)

3: A machine /laser to destroy oncoming meteorites with the cost of energy.

Thanks for reading and please consider this idea!

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Are you playing the newest version? Because i'm not sure if meteorites cause damage to the enviroment as of now.

I checked the Wiki. it appears they still do damage. I'm not sure there is a config option for that...

Dec 26, 2014
Are you playing the newest version? Because i'm not sure if meteorites cause damage to the enviroment as of now.

I checked the Wiki. it appears they still do damage. I'm not sure there is a config option for that...
I checked and I didn't see one

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
I think this idea should protect you from meteors on Moon cause there is no Atmosphere and Mars cause the thin atmosphere, but that mean there should be new feature added "Harmful Meteors to Humans & Environment"

Star Lord

Aug 16, 2019
If anyone reads this. In 1.7.10 is an easy way to prorect yourself. Just type "/gamerule mobGriefing false", because Meteorites are counted as an entity.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
What version are you running? iirc they just made a fix so they don't damage vertical surfaces. Also iirc you can use obsidian for "roofs" and they shouldn't break.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch
Feb 17, 2020
可以摧毁流行流星的机器非常好。我认为地形保护应该发出命令。我更赞成可以提前摧毁流星的机器