Micdoodle lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Well, first off, micdoodle8 hasn't lied.

Second:
Yeah, It WOULD be nice to get more frequent updates, at LEAST every week.
From what I can recall, @micdoodle8 has not hired anyone for Public Relations department so someone could feed people with periodic news.

I could list some important updates in the last 7 days:
  • Asteroid worldgen improvement and new ores;
  • Arc Lamp recipe added;
  • Spin Thruster recipe added;
  • Mars Sky Renderer improvement;
  • Celestial Selection GUI changes and new features added;
  • API update;
  • Several fixes;
  • Global code clean-up (627 files changed).

Last edited:

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Well, first off, micdoodle8 hasn't lied.

Second:

From what I can recall, @micdoodle8 has not hired anyone for Public Relations department so someone could feed people with periodic news.

I could list some important updates in the last 7 days:
  • Asteroid worldgen improvement and new ores;
  • Arc Lamp recipe added;
  • Spin Thruster recipe added;
  • Mars Sky Renderer improvement;
  • Celestial Selection GUI changes and new features added;
  • API update;
  • Several fixes;
  • Global code clean-up (627 files changed).
wow what spin thruster would be or

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Yeah, there is no mention of Arc Lamp or Spin Thrusters on Patreon so that's news to me! I'm quite interested to see all the new stuff!

By the way, is it possible to change the title of this thread? It makes me feel dirty following a thread with such accusations. (just joking of course)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Spin Thrusters was in the public GC3 download that went off because of unstability.

I'm not sure what the Arc Lamp is.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'm not sure what the Arc Lamp is.
Skip to 5:00.

radfast on GC GitHub said:
(...) here's an idea, in GC 3 we could maybe have a Galacticraft arc lamp to make a powerful light to cut through the moon's night and keep those nasty mobs at bay. Better than glowstone, the mobs could be scared of the light and retreat from it ... ...
--> https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/381#issuecomment-43148556

By the way, is it possible to change the title of this thread?
*thumbs up*

Last edited:
Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Just wanted to leave this here

**micdoodle8 has been working in galacticraft for years and he even keep updating it almost everyday , he is coding for us something I'm sure 3% minecraft coders can code it , and only when he put screenshots of GC3 in his patreon page.
Everyone become angry for only 1.00$ , yes one dollar only it's only one dollar and everybody become angry , I even only support him 1.00$ because I wasn't having visa and I payed someone 10$ for 1$ dollar visa not only to see screenshots but to support him at least 12$ in YEAR , for someone work for years. , for someone make something incredible , for someone make the first space mod , for someone who I really liked him for his skills and intelligence think , even he is joining forum weekly and see suggestions , and I'm sure no mod creator do this , so why don't we only pay him his rights and for everything

Just only support him help him if you don't have it don't be angry and tell -patreon bullshit- like some people I know them

I wish everyone just think again

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
Just wanted to leave this here

**micdoodle8 has been working in galacticraft for years and he even keep updating it almost everyday , he is coding for us something I'm sure 3% minecraft coders can code it , and only when he put screenshots of GC3 in his patreon page.
Everyone become angry for only 1.00$ , yes one dollar only it's only one dollar and everybody become angry , I even only support him 1.00$ because I wasn't having visa and I payed someone 10$ for 1$ dollar visa not only to see screenshots but to support him at least 12$ in YEAR , for someone work for years. , for someone make something incredible , for someone make the first space mod , for someone who I really liked him for his skills and intelligence think , even he is joining forum weekly and see suggestions , and I'm sure no mod creator do this , so why don't we only pay him his rights and for everything

Just only support him help him if you don't have it don't be angry and tell -patreon bullshit- like some people I know them

I wish everyone just think again
I don't want to shine a bad light at micdoodle right here but There;s a few things you twisted in the facts with that post...
First is for every 1000 doenloaders mitch gets at least $5.00 why do you think he was using adfoc?
Second is it's not $1.00 for seeing the info but $5.00 + adding on the extra cash for some more things you might want or need.
Third this is NOT the first space mod, sure there's some new features in this one but there were quite a few I use to play until they died for various reasons. Shoot when it was just the moon in galacticraft it was literally the same as spacecraft which also added a moon that you needed oxygen to live on and thats just ONE of the mods. Astrocraft, Marscraft, Spacecraft, Nightsky, Nightsky+, etc... just because mitch made something a little better does NOT make his take priority over the originals(originals which by the way need some more love, just because some of them didn't add a rocket doesn't mean they didn't exist... it ticks me off how galacticraft is ALWAYS referenced as 'the first space mod' when the true 'first ones' were just as good!)
Fourth is the fact you said no mod creator joins in on the mod discussion... you point blank lied there, no way to go around that fact. You want to know a fun fact? I can list some popular mods off the top of my head that not only do exactly what you say they don't but also give you FREE information about the next update if you ask them about how it's going. Fossils and archeology: revival, Fossils and archeology: jurrasic park edition(this one lets you suggest dinosaurs for the update list), Thaumcraft, Dimensional Doors(they are implementing aportable dimension in a chest on the 1.7.2 update... which was suggested by a player.), Mystcraft(how do you think the idea for the ink mixer came about?), all of Ichuns mods, Pixelmon, and spider queen reborn(this lets you post your IGN to become a NPC in the mod on top of taking mod suggestions) are just to name a few mods that I personally watch.
I don't like people telling others false facts and that patreon bullcrap you were referencing... I won't be touching thhe issues with that staement. I am only stating facts as I see them, I personally just wanted to hear at least some news about the next update without having to pay money I don't have and since Ezer'Arch already made a small list of some I didn't know about I myself am happy with just that small amount he put up(It only took a month to get any information that wasn't already known)
On a slightly different note I don't like how your general post tone came off as "galacticraft is the best mod because it's modder does the same thing as other mods modders". I tell it as it is and that's exactly the conclusion my brain makes no matter how many times I re-read your post enderspace... maybe it's just me since im not the most social of people.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I don't want to shine a bad light at micdoodle right here but There;s a few things you twisted in the facts with that post...
Second is it's not $1.00 for seeing the info but $5.00 + adding on the extra cash for some more things you might want or need.
Not sure about that.

Third this is NOT the first space mod, sure there's some new features in this one but there were quite a few I use to play until they died for various reasons. Shoot when it was just the moon in galacticraft it was literally the same as spacecraft which also added a moon that you needed oxygen to live on and thats just ONE of the mods. Astrocraft, Marscraft, Spacecraft, Nightsky, Nightsky+, etc... just because mitch made something a little better does NOT make his take priority over the originals(originals which by the way need some more love, just because some of them didn't add a rocket doesn't mean they didn't exist... it ticks me off how galacticraft is ALWAYS referenced as 'the first space mod' when the true 'first ones' were just as good!)
Well, blame the people who reference it as the first space mod. I never referenced to GC as that, nor did you. Right?

Fourth is the fact you said no mod creator joins in on the mod discussion... you point blank lied there, no way to go around that fact. You want to know a fun fact? I can list some popular mods off the top of my head that not only do exactly what you say they don't but also give you FREE information about the next update if you ask them about how it's going. Fossils and archeology: revival, Fossils and archeology: jurrasic park edition(this one lets you suggest dinosaurs for the update list), Thaumcraft, Dimensional Doors(they are implementing aportable dimension in a chest on the 1.7.2 update... which was suggested by a player.), Mystcraft(how do you think the idea for the ink mixer came about?), all of Ichuns mods, Pixelmon, and spider queen reborn(this lets you post your IGN to become a NPC in the mod on top of taking mod suggestions) are just to name a few mods that I personally watch.
You're right here, lots of modders give free information, and use patreon. Micdoodle does both.

I don't like people telling others false facts and that patreon bullcrap you were referencing... I won't be touching thhe issues with that staement. I am only stating facts as I see them, I personally just wanted to hear at least some news about the next update without having to pay money I don't have and since Ezer'Arch already made a small list of some I didn't know about I myself am happy with just that small amount he put up(It only took a month to get any information that wasn't already known)
Well, some of the threads have had hints in them from earlier this month.

EDIT: You can also visit github for new information on possible things being added.

On a slightly different note I don't like how your general post tone came off as "galacticraft is the best mod because it's modder does the same thing as other mods modders". I tell it as it is and that's exactly the conclusion my brain makes no matter how many times I re-read your post enderspace... maybe it's just me since im not the most social of people.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, honestly I had trouble reading his post. =4

P.S. Whether this is flamebait, or not, probably not, anyone who replies, please don't start raging on this thread.

(Edited!)

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Just adding info and opinions:

Some people assume Galacticraft is the 1st space mod because they are mis- or under-informed. Before GC, I played Astrocraft, which had a spacesuit, moon dimension and a space station dimension with asteroids. GC misses the spacesuit and asteroids (for now). I found GC and ModularPowerSuits thanks to modpacks like Tekkit and TechnicPack

Micdoodle8 has posted free updates and free information all long these ~2 years, we can confirm it in his twitter page. The Patreon is quite recent (I was one those who suggested it to him). He still posts news and free information but he can't do it steadily, as in, every week or every day, he is focused on development and real-life issues, he can't continuously focus on community and take care of it. We could say there is a lack of better PR (public relations) to fulfill the general audience's hunger of news (I'm one trying to fill the holes), but those who follow mic's tweets (https://twitter.com/micdoodle8) and follow GC github (https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/commits) can get updates at almost daily basis.

Those who support micdoodle8 via Patreon are being rewarded with some kind of early-access to some material, just it. Micdoodle8 is not alone, Aidan Brady (Mekanism developer) also does the same: http://aidancbrady.com/mekanism/download/, under Premium Membership.

I'd assume that lots of good and mature developers would love to dedicate their life to their minecraft mods, but the real life requires you have enough financial support to get by. If you can get by with modding, you will have to submit yourself under this god-like and nasty The Market and get a "real job" (N.B: the jobs and work opportunities the Internet and game industry are creating require you not depend on them to survive)... or the community support their developers, hence the Patreon, donations, Ad-sponsored links etc.

Until there, modding to Minecraft will still be restricted to those who don't need a job (people under 21, or supported by their parents or by the government) and those who will treat modding as a hobby in their scarce spare-time. Therefore, no hurry, please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.