MINIMAP SATELLITE!

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
Would be amazing if you could create a satellite to put in orbit into the spaces station dimension and then when you return to earth use some device like an electronic map but you could zoom in/out and back at home you could have a computer to do some exploration by typing the coordinates you want the satellite to focus on!! that would be fantastic! and a great use for space exploration.

images

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
I know! I can only see that some dude claimed that astrology was like astronomy! ¬¬ but I don't know what the conclusion is, would you like to be able to have a dynamic map justified by a satellite?

I have always rejected the use of minimap mods because of the lack of justification, I love maps but I would really love to be able to put something in orbit and put it in use in something practical like watching at my location to better plan a city construction, or to find some ship that I could have lost in the ocean, or to take snapshots and to be able to put it on my walls like art, like those maps you find in some cities were you can read "you are here..." hehe love to be able to do something like that with a nice piece of technology :D

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I know! I can only see that some dude claimed that astrology was like astronomy! ¬¬ but I don't know what the conclusion is, would you like to be able to have a dynamic map justified by a satellite?

I have always rejected the use of minimap mods because of the lack of justification, I love maps but I would really love to be able to put something in orbit and put it in use in something practical like watching at my location to better plan a city construction, or to find some ship that I could have lost in the ocean, or to take snapshots and to be able to put it on my walls like art, like those maps you find in some cities were you can read "you are here..." hehe love to be able to do something like that with a nice piece of technology :D

I agree. Minimaps could be very convenient, but I choose not to use them because they feel ever so slightly too cheaty for me. So if there was a satellite that I could put into orbit then it would feel much more justifiable. Of course one could assume that there is already one in orbit allowing the use of maps, but I wouldn't have a pickaxe unless I punched a tree so I would rather not have a map until I launch a satellite.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
Yes, this is what the satellite should do, I mean real stuff! the energy will be cool even in the real world, but kinda fantasy stuff, a minimap satellite would be much better! there could also be a feature to allow you to scan some chunk and it will return the amount of different minerals that chunk has, without showing the actual blocks that way you could mine the chunks with higher profitability at first!

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
Yes! how can we let the developers know the idea? would be a great feature for an update!

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Now it's gone. Hope Mic can recover the topic from the recycle bin, *if* there's one.

I don't have experience with this forum system, but I've been an admin of others and generally there isn't one. Some forums have a hidden section that only mods and admins have access to, and instead of deleting threads they just move them there (unless it's ad spam obviously). It doesn't appear to be the case here though.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It doesn't appear to be the case here though.
It's back: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/telescopes-and-astrology-astronomy-is-different.2261/

Thank @MasterOanarchY .

----

Now it's back...

Would be amazing if you could create a satellite to put in orbit into the spaces station dimension and then when you return to earth use some device like an electronic map but you could zoom in/out and back at home you could have a computer to do some exploration by typing the coordinates you want the satellite to focus on!
These are my posts relevant to satellites and telescopes:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...ology-astronomy-is-different.2261/#post-13672
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...astronomy-is-different.2261/page-2#post-13776

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
Tell me why i wouldent i use re's minimap....

Because of the game experience! you would have a use for the ability to go to space, also you are not only using a minimap, you have a digital map, not a paper one, using minimaps its like cheating, and minimaps mods doesn't have prospection, you would be able to get information of the amounts of minerals a chunk has.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Because of the game experience! you would have a use for the ability to go to space, also you are not only using a minimap, you have a digital map, not a paper one, using minimaps its like cheating, and minimaps mods doesn't have prospection, you would be able to get information of the amounts of minerals a chunk has.
Uum no thanks and they arent cheaty.

Last edited:

Posco

Jan 18, 2014
... Anyways, I was thinking this feature could also be included by using an addon or something for the space station, a telescope block or something, but then again, a satellite would be awesome!