Mod suggestions?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Hey everybody, I was just looking for suggestions for some additional mods. Looking for technology-based mods...sort of. I have Galacticraft and Atomic Science and I want some stuff to "match" their styles meaning more modern stuff (i.e. Flashlight, MineChem, ComputerCraft). Or even more modern style chests/furniture mods. Anything that adds to the science and/or industrial side of things and steers away from the primitive wood, stone, and torch style of Vanilla.

Just wondering what all is out there that I haven't come accross yet. Thanks guys!

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Download every UE mod? Mekanism, Assembly Line, ICBM... IC2, Buildcraft 4, Jammy's Furniture mod, Bibliocraft, Railcraft...
Search it yourself!
You really gotta try Mekanism.
I can mediafire my own modpack maybe. (though it reguires some id changes, Natura fencegates conflict with galacticraft)

Unlycaon

Oct 16, 2013

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the input guys. I don't know why I don't have ICBM yet.

Do you know of any up-to-date laser mod like the portable mining laser or the outdated one with red, blue, green laser blocks?

What about other really "nerdy" mods. Anything like MineChem but in other fields like biology, disease, etc.

I've looked quite a bit, but I am pretty new to mods so I just thought I'd ask in case there are better places to look.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it!!

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
There aren't much of scientific mods. Try Thaumcraft 4! It came out bout a week ago!
Also IC2 does have mining laser and sorts but it only has experimental version for 1.6.x and it crashes almost with every mod. ICBM has railgun but it has been broken ever since 1.6.x (It doesn't do anything but consume ammo, make sound, but no energy is used) and calclavia doesn't give a shit if it's broken or not.