IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
My modlist( i like to play with this comination )

1. Shouldersurfing mod.

2. Machinmuse Modular Powersuit mod.

3. Not Enough Items mod.

4. Rei's Minimap mod.

5. ComputerCraft mod.

6. Mrcrayfish's Furniture mod.

7. Mekanism ( ALL FILES: tools,generators etc )

8. Resonant Induction mod.

9. IC2 mod.

10. Damage Indicators mod.

11. CustomNPC's mod.

12. Bibliocraft mod.

13. Buildcraft mod.

14. FlansMod ( you can choose which content packs u want )

15. Galacticraft (DUHH)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sep 7, 2013
Having Archimedes ship mod makes it so you can "work your way up" to space by making boats first, then hot air baloons and then finally a space ship! (this goes well along with flansmod) :p

Also, better storage mod; for carrying more things and locking your stuff up.

Universal electric is a must if you want Mekanic, IC2, and GC to work together without fussing.

It is also always good to have a good sound mod: enter MAtmos (and expansions) for adding in enviornmental sounds dependent on where you are and what is around you!

Mutant creatures mod for a harder Overworld experience.

And a few mods by iChun (http://ichun.us/):
Mob dismemberment mod (Makes zombies/skelletons fall apart when they die)
Mob amputation mod (Lets you chop zombies, zombie pigmen, and skelletons apart; also allows for mobs amputating/cutting the players head off!)
Torched (adds in guns that shoot torches, great for lighting up large areas/exploring vast caves; also damages mobs a bit if you hit them).

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
every time I add ic2 in the mods folder it crashes the game before it starts. its ic2 cause I took it out and everything worked fine till I put it back in

Sep 7, 2013
I have 67 mods active, making it a very harsh experience (very survival oriented) but it is still fun because I get to explore new places and make a lot of new things (albeit, the mobs are ridiculous).
So, my point is, there are plenty of mods that work :p

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
I like more war and adventure mods like galatic craft. on single player my space station is covered with aa guns and defence turrets just for the fun of it. one thing ive always wondered is if you put missiles on your space station, then go down to earth and put a target beacon will the missiles fire down to earth and hit that spot O_O that would be awesome!

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
OMG! I just put missiles on my space station and then went down to the planet and called in a strike and it took forever and its not that accurate but it worked! 3 missiles came down and hit within 25 blocks of the spot I targeted!

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
Sweet, orbital strikes FTW!

(Which mod is that? I forget (I am guessing ICBM))
yes it was ICBM. I used sonic missiles and it stated to get a little laggy and glitch so idk if it was just the missile blowing up or if it was it having to transition from the space stations dimension to the overworld or something idk. im going to play around with it for awhile or and if its the transition I would like to see if anyone has enough free time or would like to take a swing at it and make the transition less problematic.

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
okay I have been messing with it awhile and for some reason I cannot replicate what happened the first time. im using the exact same missiles and launchers and positions as the last launch but the missiles aren't coming down from the station. when I go up to the station the missiles are gone but the haven't hit the planet or anything. they are just.. gone. so its the transition between the overworld dimension and the space stations dimension that's causing the lag. its like they are stuck in between the dimensions.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Did you tell you missiles which dimension's button to push?
I'm really just asking how to tell the missile which dimension to go to.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
okay I have been messing with it awhile and for some reason I cannot replicate what happened the first time. im using the exact same missiles and launchers and positions as the last launch but the missiles aren't coming down from the station. when I go up to the station the missiles are gone but the haven't hit the planet or anything. they are just.. gone. so its the transition between the overworld dimension and the space stations dimension that's causing the lag. its like they are stuck in between the dimensions.

As far as I know the co-ordinates in space or on the moon match the co-orinates on the overworld. There's no dimension factor.

So if you target 5, 6 on the overworld, the missiles in space will want to go to 5, 6 in space. They have absolutely no idea the other dimensions even exist or how to get there.

During your first test you were basically lucky. I'm guessing your target was close to where you originally launched from, which is the same place you'll spawn when going back (either from falling into the atmosphere or using the GUI). I'm guessing the missiles traveled to the co-ordinates in your space dimension, then started down as if they were going to hit the ground. Since there's no ground in the space dimension, they fell through the atmosphere, which is when they spawned around your launch/landing area and hit the ground. You saw it as test successful, but it really wasn't.

Reactions: SirKillz

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
well all I did was put them on their launch pads then get a laser designator and I took it down to the overworld and it fired down to the planet the first time but I went up and tried doing it again but this time the missiles didn't appear and they aren't on the space station

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
As far as I know the co-ordinates in space or on the moon match the co-orinates on the overworld. There's no dimension factor.

So if you target 5, 6 on the overworld, the missiles in space will want to go to 5, 6 in space. They have absolutely no idea the other dimensions even exist or how to get there.

During your first test you were basically lucky. I'm guessing your target was close to where you originally launched from, which is the same place you'll spawn when going back (either from falling into the atmosphere or using the GUI). I'm guessing the missiles traveled to the co-ordinates in your space dimension, then started down as if they were going to hit the ground. Since there's no ground in the space dimension, they fell through the atmosphere, which is when they spawned around your launch/landing area and hit the ground. You saw it as test successful, but it really wasn't.

on the part of were I originally launched from im still at that spot and theres nothing blocking the missiles from coming down. its the exact same spot as the first test

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
Did you tell you missiles which dimension's button to push?
I'm really just asking how to tell the missile which dimension to go to.

really I just set them on their pads and connected them to a laser designator and powered them up. then dropped down to the planet and like 5 blocks from where I ladded fired it there and that's where the first one hit but the others after that just disapeared

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Playing GTA V so I'm a little distracted, but Dex's view of the situation seems correct. I don't know too much about the ICBM mod however, but I wouldn't assume it knows anything about dimensions right off the bat.