Monster 1.1.2 config files to help with Galacticraft...

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Howdy everybody,

As the title states, here is a complete config directory listing for Monster 1.1.2 to help get Galacticraft going. Highly recommended to update Galacticraft to lastest version before installing.

Also: Terrible bug was found in 1.1.2 within Creative mode that crashes a client when they click the "search" icon in creative mode inventory. That doesn't seem to show up for other people with Monster 1.1.2 alone, but if this happens, download and update all of Reika's mods (i.e. Geostrata, reactorcraft, rotarycraft, DragonAPI (which had a conflict with GC at one time, but is now eliminated, so do not edit DragonAPI after downloading this time if u did before)

TL;DR Just update Galactcraft, and any mod relating to Geostrata. Config files already have ID fixes for updated Geostrata. WARNING! MUST DELETE CONFIG folder entirely before replacing with this folder here. (Make backups of everything, it will save you!!) You can not simply extract and override the files as this will surely cause a sever/single player world failure.

Good luck, and I will try to do the best I can to answer questions anyone may have.

Attachments

• Monster1.1.2config(GC).zip
    698.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Shekky

Jan 18, 2014
alrighty so I downloaded the config its still a no go for me crashes when I try to go to the moon

EDIT: updated all of reika's mods that are linked to Geostrata and I can land on the moon but the game doesn't crash but the moon isn't generating terrain or anything... never tried it for mars.

Last edited:

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
alrighty so I downloaded the config its still a no go for me crashes when I try to go to the moon

EDIT: updated all of reika's mods that are linked to Geostrata and I can land on the moon but the game doesn't crash but the moon isn't generating terrain or anything... never tried it for mars.

Ok in this case, try deleting the two directories "DIM-28" and "DIM-29" as those are the Galacticraft Mars and Moon dimensions and make sure to find and delete this inside your world folder and there might be ones on the outside of the world folder as well. If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what else I can think of. Do you use a single player world or a server multiplayer world?

Shekky

Jan 18, 2014
was recreating my world everytime in singleplayer to try and get it to work before I upload it to my server and yeah its still not creating terrain for the moon

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
was recreating my world everytime in singleplayer to try and get it to work before I upload it to my server and yeah its still not creating terrain for the moon

When you replaced the config files, did you delete the existing config files first or did you just "Overwrite" the existing "config" directory? Now You have me wondering if I can gen a moon dimension on my singleplayer world. I will test this and get back to ya.

Mysbubblan

Apr 16, 2014
I just downloaded this config and one thing i noticed was that the CofHWorld was set to 4 layers of bedrock instead of 1. Edit this and try again! :)

Last edited:

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
I just downloaded this config and one thing i noticed was that the CofHWorld was set to 4 layers of bedrock instead of 1. Edit this and try again! :)

With respect, since you are aware of the problem then why not edit it for yourself and fix it? Not many people still work with the Monster mod-pack these days. The 4 layers was done on purpose so we could mine out more bedrock without having world pass-through holes that would kill other players. If you arn't fond of the settings, then you are free to change them.

Mysbubblan

Apr 16, 2014
With respect, since you are aware of the problem then why not edit it for yourself and fix it? Not many people still work with the Monster mod-pack these days. The 4 layers was done on purpose so we could mine out more bedrock without having world pass-through holes that would kill other players. If you arn't fond of the settings, then you are free to change them.

Dont know why you are so grumpy.. Was just trying to get the error i had pointed out so that if someone would like to use this, they could just edit it and get it working.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Dont know why you are so grumpy.. Was just trying to get the error i had pointed out so that if someone would like to use this, they could just edit it and get it working.

Not grumpy, just like most people I simply don't favor others coming to me and saying, "
You did this wrong, fix it or else." without that person first asking why it was. I said with respect, so I didn't think I was trying to be grumpy about it. :D

Mysbubblan

Apr 16, 2014
Not grumpy, just like most people I simply don't favor others coming to me and saying, "You did this wrong, fix it or else." without that person first asking why it was. I said with respect, so I didn't think I was trying to be grumpy about it. :D

I'm sorry then..
Its just that when i found this thread this other guy was not geting it to work, and when i downloaded your cfg´s(wich i am verey greatful for that you put out to the public) i didt get it to generate the moon. So i remember that i had the problem with bedrock earlier when i was troobleshooting this. So i tried to edit it in your cfg and it worked like a charm after that.

So i thought i would put it here in the thread if there would be someone else in the future that might want that advice. I didt meen to point fingers at you and say that your cfg´s dont work or what ever. Im very greatful for your effort and for sharing the cfg´s. I was just trying to help, but my lack in the english language might make me sound like i'm pointing fingers.

Anyway, i got it working with the cfg´s from you after editing the bedrock generation. So thanks for that, and good luck in your new mod packs WhiteTyger!

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
I'm sorry then..
Its just that when i found this thread this other guy was not geting it to work, and when i downloaded your cfg´s(wich i am verey greatful for that you put out to the public) i didt get it to generate the moon. So i remember that i had the problem with bedrock earlier when i was troobleshooting this. So i tried to edit it in your cfg and it worked like a charm after that.

So i thought i would put it here in the thread if there would be someone else in the future that might want that advice. I didt meen to point fingers at you and say that your cfg´s dont work or what ever. Im very greatful for your effort and for sharing the cfg´s. I was just trying to help, but my lack in the english language might make me sound like i'm pointing fingers.

Anyway, i got it working with the cfg´s from you after editing the bedrock generation. So thanks for that, and good luck in your new mod packs WhiteTyger!

OK explinations are a very good thing. Now I understand why you said what you did and why. The English language is a very finiky (weird) language and so many things have very different meanings. I apologize now for reading too much into what was being said and not why. I should take my own advice I think. :) Anyways, certainly not a problem and I'm actually glad you pointed this out. As of the last known config (which is ths one) we were able to generate the moon and space stations without problems. So what may work for a group of few may not work with others. Thanks for coming back and explaining what was going on and why. I never did get back to the last person that posted (which is my fault) because I was unable to re-produce the probelm they were having, so since they stopped messaging, I just assumed they sorted their problems out.

Very happy that you were able to figure out why it wasn't working for you and to tell why so others would be able to learn. Again, sorry for sounding like a douche at first. I need to remember that I should ask intentions instead of just assuming people are automatically being "mean". If ever you would like a beta copy of a later mod pack for 1.7.10, let me know and I'll be glad to send you a link for the very latest update.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
As always, to the rescue radfast. Thanks for being attentive and helping to solve this problem once and for all. The 4 layers DID work for us, but as I see, it doesn't work for everyone, especially servers and such. Cheers all around! Thanks again radfast.

Shekky

Jan 18, 2014
alright so its been awhile since I've posted but I've just recently moved to ftb dw20 1.1.1 and have successfully installed galacticraft and tested going to the asteroids mars, and the moon here is my config if you interested in playing ftb direwolf20 1.1.1

GalacticraftCore 3.0.8.257
Planets 3.0.8257
mcdoodlecore 3.0.8.257

I haven't added any ore generation for all other mods in dw20's modpack but atleast this gives you the opportunity to be able to play galacticraft with dw20's modpack

I will be working on that next part which is ore generation

Attachments

• ftbdw20config1.1.1.zip
    294.5 KB · Views: 0