Moon lighting is off

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
When I go to make a base on the moon, adding glowstone/redstonelamps/ Light panels off of MPS,
I get almost no change in light level, and it is always dark and grim.
Is it just me?
1nM3ATT.png

GXL37ol.png

rG7NfMs.png

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Probably a bug, but it looks as though your running the old 1.5.2 410 version. It may have been fixed in the latest version.

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Yes, I am running the 1.5.2 410 version, some of my other favorite mods have not yet updated to 1.6.2

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Yeah there is allot of stuff that has issues. Most of them are small though. The biggest for 410 was no oil spawns.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'm afraid it's a feature.

I reported this bug: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/space-stations-are-too-dark.1513/

Micdoodle replied me with this in my profile:
micdoodle8 said:
Space station brightness and moon brightness have been tweaked in the latest build. I meant to have the moon darker, not the space stations.
I don't mind that ambient light level goes to zero in places that lack atmosphere. But I think the light emitters should not be effected by nightfall at all and go that dark. o_O

EDIT: in 1.6.2 the darkening feature was toned down, light emitters are better but still darken.

Last edited:

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
I think it paves the way for some wicked cool "xenon spot light" lamps, which of course require batteries or copper-connected power source!!

monty

Apr 17, 2013
A friend and I spent a few hours really implementing this last night and realized that after we spent a really long time making out moon base in MCEdit that it was nearly pitch black even with lamps and such as well. I see that it wasn't entirely intentional in the sense that it was toned down a bit but not as much(in terms of the light brightness). I agree that the moon should be dark and such but I don't believe light inside bases and such should be affected like this.

Reactions: akherber

akherber

Oct 30, 2013
I support the above statement. The light level on the moon dropping makes perfect sense. The light level produced by light emitters should not change however. There is no feature in it. Makes no sense that my glowstone is less effective inside a cave because it is night time.