Moon Nether

Waggish

Sep 4, 2013
Okay, so I was playing some vanilla Minecraft and was thing of this mod, I was ion the nether and had a idea. What if there was a special nether that you could only go to on the moon, or on mars. I haven't thought of what you could find in the moon nether nor have I thought of a better name yet. I just thought it would be a cool thing to get added to Galacticraft, weather its added as a add-on or to the official mod. But I hope to further expand on this I will post updates and things I think of for this mod as soon as possible. Be sure to check in every so often, and don't forget to support this idea!

Yours Truly,
Waggish

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
Okay, so I was playing some vanilla Minecraft and was thing of this mod, I was ion the nether and had a idea. What if there was a special nether that you could only go to on the moon, or on mars. I haven't thought of what you could find in the moon nether nor have I thought of a better name yet. I just thought it would be a cool thing to get added to Galacticraft, weather its added as a add-on or to the official mod. But I hope to further expand on this I will post updates and things I think of for this mod as soon as possible. Be sure to check in every so often, and don't forget to support this idea!

Yours Truly,
Waggish

Addings things because they are "cool" is most of the time simpy a waste of time, it needs a good reason to implement things. Things have to fit in the whole gameplay concept.

Waggish

Sep 4, 2013
You do realize there has been many unneeded things added to this mod, one of which I suggested, so don't be a jerk and just look at the bright side of some suggestions, you might find it to be fun. Plus its not about wether or not its needed, it about how much fun you get out of it, its the little things that count.

sebasti161

Oct 21, 2013
Actually nether was made as "Hell" aka. The earth's core.
And I know that the moon doesn't have any core, but this would be cool to see on the planet's that has a core in it :)

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Isn't the nether supposed to be the underworld/netherworld?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld

Actually, the Nether is just a parallel dimension that happens to be closely linked to Minecraft's main dimension, it's not an underworld. This means that whether you make a Nether Portal in the Overworld, Moon, Mercury, Pluto or anywhere else in the main dimension, it will lead to the Nether. Unfortunately, as fire does not work in outer space, you're limited to making the portals in the Overworld.

Reactions: wolfboyft

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
You do realize there has been many unneeded things added to this mod, one of which I suggested, so don't be a jerk and just look at the bright side of some suggestions, you might find it to be fun. Plus its not about wether or not its needed, it about how much fun you get out of it, its the little things that count.

And what? You didn't point any difference, you still can build a nether protal on the moon and go to the nether if you want.
How it adds fun? You don't describe it.
This mod is about Space and Rockets so how it fits in ?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
And what? You didn't point any difference, you still can build a nether protal on the moon and go to the nether if you want.

I thought Nether Portals didn't work on the Moon(and in Mars). If you go through them, will the portal lead back to the same portal in the Moon, or...?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Because the moon is dead, lifeless, and has a solid rock core. For the Moon to have an underworld, it would need to at least have a molten core.

And that would alterady need for the Nether to be in the Overworld's molten core. Notch himself said that the Nether is in an entirely new dimension that happens to be closely linked to the main dimension.

Reactions: wolfboyft
Actually, the Nether is just a parallel dimension that happens to be closely linked to Minecraft's main dimension, it's not an underworld. This means that whether you make a Nether Portal in the Overworld, Moon, Mercury, Pluto or anywhere else in the main dimension, it will lead to the Nether. Unfortunately, as fire does not work in outer space, you're limited to making the portals in the Overworld.

Yeah! If you were teleporting under the Overworld's surface... that would suck.