More energy, more realism! And a lot mor ideas

6Under6world6

Sep 18, 2013
Hi,
First of all, i want to tell you, that my englisch isnt perfect, so please excuse me...
But I have some ideas,
I'm playing an older version of this mod, because I play a modpack.
One of my ideas is a better way to produce oxygen. Producing oxygen from threes on the moon, mars, a space station is not verry easy... But to produce it from energy (a lot of energy for one unit),... And thats the second point, where is missing something... I don't knew whitch mods are compatible whit galacticraft, but some solarepanels, energystoarge and wires would be nice...
And a gravity generator for the bases/spacestations...
A air circulating system, to clean the air from the co2 and better airlocks whitch use less space (i mean an inverted redstonesinal) and over all a spacesuit, whitch blocks the UV radiation and glass to block the radiation, if the earth wouldnt have the atmosphere we all would not live just for the radiaton...
I hope this are some ideas for the mod,...

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
You can use wheat to produce oxygen. There are solar panels in the newest versions. The rest are good ideas. Some of them already have been discussed.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Just from your title: If you want realism, you're playing the wrong game.

Like has been said already, you can make oxygen from weat. Although I do think there should be other methods. You want more realism yet you suggest getting free oxygen from energy that you can get for free using solar panels. Electrolyzing water to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen has been suggested before (by me). Other alternative methods have been suggested too.

Gravity generators have already been suggested.

Air circulation system? Like the Oxygen sealer?

Better Airlocks? Better how? Are they just inverted?

Spacesuits are cool. There's no radiation in Minecraft though. Unless you install IC2 (the new versions) and try to walk around with uranium in your pocket, but they have the hazmat suit to protect you from that.

Also, Minecraft isn't Earth, so your sense of "realism" doesn't apply.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Just from your title: If you want realism, you're playing the wrong game.
There's a small difference between "The game should be realistic" and "The game should have more realism", as in more elements that suggest the feeling of real situations, not to pair the game with the reality. Although, it's recurring to see people using the "reality" as excuse to fit their ideas into the game.

Spacesuits are cool. There's no radiation in Minecraft though.
There's no radiation because nobody coded it, yet. I remember that, before Galacticraft, there was a mod called Astrocraft. You needed to craft a spacesuit to go to the Moon and a dimension with a space station, asteroids and hostile mobs in their flying dishes. There was no radiation either, but you got damage if you didn't have all 4 suit pieces on.

MC has no air either, even though you get suffocation in the space simply because Micdoodle coded that if you are not in the DIM 0, DIM 1 or DIM-1 and have no oxygen gear on for 30 seconds, you are screwed. For instance, it's possible to code so that each planet has a list of environmental variables, such as pressure, temperature, atmosphere composition, radiation etc. Depending on the planet, environmental hazards may affect you if not geared up properly. Effects are there to be used: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Effect#List_of_effects

All in all, the game doesn't need to be realistic. I prefer to suggest things that I can expect from what Galacticraft proposes. I think the player already has to deal a lot of things with the 1st stage of game. I'd expect suits to protect me from dangerous environments in the further stages of the game, not now.

....... or retexture your awful looking leather or chainmail armor into something else and play make believe.

llvKTTo.png

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
There's a small difference between "The game should be realistic" and "The game should have more realism", as in more elements that suggest the feeling of real situations, not to pair the game with the reality. Although, it's recurring to see people using the "reality" as excuse to fit their ideas into the game.

There's no radiation because nobody coded it, yet. I remember that, before Galacticraft, there was a mod called Astrocraft. You needed to craft a spacesuit to go to the Moon and a dimension with a space station, asteroids and hostile mobs in their flying dishes. There was no radiation either, but you got damage if you didn't have all 4 suit pieces on.

MC has no air either, even though you get suffocation in the space simply because Micdoodle coded that if you are not in the DIM 0, DIM 1 or DIM-1 and have no oxygen gear on for 30 seconds, you are screwed. For instance, it's possible to code so that each planet has a list of environmental variables, such as pressure, temperature, atmosphere composition, radiation etc. Depending on the planet, environmental hazards may affect you if not geared up properly. Effects are there to be used: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Effect#List_of_effects

All in all, the game doesn't need to be realistic. I prefer to suggest things that I can expect from what Galacticraft proposes. I think the player already has to deal a lot of things with the 1st stage of game. I'd expect suits to protect me from dangerous environments in the further stages of the game, not now.

....... or retexture your awful looking leather or chainmail armor into something else and play make believe.

llvKTTo.png
Or install modular power suits :p and pretend those are space suits lol

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Or install modular power suits :p and pretend those are space suits lol

yeah modular powersuit is awsome when using GC.

llvKTTo.png

i bet space suits will be like "Heat Pressure Suits" for protecting you from planets with dangerous temperatures and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

6Under6world6

Sep 18, 2013
Its verry simpel to add these functons, simpel is relative, I'm not a Java Programmer, I use C#, and I think I'll go to study Java in the next time, so I can make a addon for GC, whit some of my Ideas, but anybid knew if Elorams RO2 us realeased for Minecraft 1.6.2? Or should i use the lates version? Whit IC2, Mekanism,... ?