More planets and mars structures

Should stuff like this be added?

• Total voters

drawerboy99

Jan 7, 2014
So I had an idea. What if on mars, maybe some of the generated structures could be actual structures on the real mars, such as Olympus Mons. And there COULD possibly be lava on mars beneath the surface, and since olympus mons is a volcano, there has been geological activity in the past. So yea, lava might be a good idea.

Another structure that could be added is Valles Marineris. I think that if some of the structures that are generated on mars, could be some actual structures in the real world, it would be amazing! Same with the moon. Maybe you could find Neil Armstrongs foot prints, and the american flag? And as for other planets, might I suggest making creatures that are kind of based on their environment?

I know it may be a lot of work, but I think it would add an entire new level of immersion to the mod, and would make it 100 times better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
Lava does not occur on the surface of Mars these days... I like the idea of volcano's BUT there inactive vulcano's because there are no more volcano's on the surface of Mars that are active. I don't even know if there are any vulcano's on Mars..

gil

Jan 8, 2014
Cool idea but the now this days does volcanos are not active right now it would be cool if the inside of volcano comes with frozen lava and if you mine it you get that block an did you put that block in the overworld it defroces an spawn lava; it could be usefull for making stuff with lava if you are to lazy to go find lava

drawerboy99

Jan 7, 2014
Lava does not occur on the surface of Mars these days... I like the idea of volcano's BUT there inactive vulcano's because there are no more volcano's on the surface of Mars that are active. I don't even know if there are any volcan's on Mars..
No, not on the SURFACE, but underground, there could be geothermal vents coming from the planets core, that could heat water, and potentially create an environment for single cellular organisms to live. And yes! There are volcanoes on mars. Theyre so large, you can see them from space! http://www.mars-ice.org/_more/images/Tharsis_region.jpg

i like the ideas EXEPT the lava :)
Look up lava on mars. At the core of the planet, there could be lava. Mars isn't like Europa where its frozen from head to toe, that is unless there is a ocean under the surface...

Cool idea but the now this days does volcanos are not active right now it would be cool if the inside of volcano comes with frozen lava and if you mine it you get that block an did you put that block in the overworld it defroces an spawn lava; it could be usefull for making stuff with lava if you are to lazy to go find lava
As I said to the others, there COULD be lava on mars right now. But I really do like the idea of the frozen lava! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

drawerboy99

Jan 7, 2014
Find Neil Armstrong's footprints on the Moon?

Come on, stop being daft, that never happened in Minecraftia.
Well, fine. It could have been Neil Blockhead, or Blockhead Armstrong. Maybe an alien spacecraft. Heck, I don't care! Just some different structures.