More Realisim

Jason_Bourne

Mar 31, 2013
I just watched the movie Apollo 13 and i thought that the way they got to the moon should be in this mod (3 stages, docking, entry, landing (with a lunar module, not a parachute), re-entry, etc.).
Honestly, i don't think the way to get to dimensions as of now is not as good. My idea is that you launch and there would actually be a flight and not a menu with the planets. So i thought that if you mess up on one of the stages then you either run out of air or crash into the planet you are going to land on. I also think that if there are going to be stages that there should be training. If you fail at docking while in space you cannot land on the planet. With landing there should actually be a lunar module that you land and that you can walk inside the cabin. I know this is a WIP mod, but i think more realism should be added.

czarj02dwarf

Apr 4, 2013
It is a good idea. But if they do add your stages to it, they need to keep the parachutes for in case of a malfunction. You could jump out and from idk 64 blocks over the land then poof; parachute opens!

Wulfyk

Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw
www.planetminecraft.com
Well that sounds realistric but I am afriad its rather impossible to code.(Not that i know coding, just a hunch). In game dimensions are accesable trought portals. If they would be accessable like yoyu described we could dig to Nether. And i think our Pc would have major lag at it. Agian just a hunch.
But i like idea of Lunar module as quick small, simple, basic moon base. Nothing fancy just area with oxygen, workbench and chest.

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
Well that sounds realistric but I am afriad its rather impossible to code.(Not that i know coding, just a hunch). In game dimensions are accesable trought portals. If they would be accessable like yoyu described we could dig to Nether. And i think our Pc would have major lag at it. Agian just a hunch.
But i like idea of Lunar module as quick small, simple, basic moon base. Nothing fancy just area with oxygen, workbench and chest.

you said about digging to the nether check this video(
) out its a mod called mine up its a mod where you dig to the nether this supports the idea of planets having a core and being able to mine down and come out the other side. Also this video was made in 1.2 meaning that lag shouldn't be a problem cause in 1.5.1 fps has been triple meaning more room for micdoodle to add stuff.

Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
you said about digging to the nether check this video(
) out its a mod called mine up its a mod where you dig to the nether this supports the idea of planets having a core and being able to mine down and come out the other side.
neat but then would the nether be the same size as the over world?

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
yes
if you would make a portal in the nether it'd take you 8x the coordinates z and x from nether and tp you to the overworld.

Jason_Bourne

Mar 31, 2013

oh yeah i know you from a server wulfyk