My game is lagging like crazy whenever I look at what I built

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
Any suggestions why? Please don't ignore this post too, it's the third one and it's been already 1 month and no one replied to me yet, this lag is so worse that it CRASHES my game all the time!!!!

Killerwolf

Apr 30, 2020
I don't know about lag, but my planets and moons wont even appear on the screen :/. I don't know if this is spam or something, but this is the second comment I've said about it and I already posted something about it so yeah :/

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
Killer are you playing galacticraft on 1.12.2? if so then I believe that's the reason why your planets won't appear. I'm using 1.11.2 for galacticraft. Idk just a suggestion

Apr 1, 2019
Any suggestions why? Please don't ignore this post too, it's the third one and it's been already 1 month and no one replied to me yet, this lag is so worse that it CRASHES my game all the time!!!!

many factors can create lag, but i can say for sure this mod alone should not - no matter what version (unless i missed something in 1.11.2) - cause lag itself. Can you provide more info,
  • how much ram are you using for java
  • exactly what version of the mod
  • any other mods being used
  • maybe even your pc specs if your running a hellish amount of mods
also planets in 1.12.2 render on the screen, not sure why being in that version would affect that.

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
I use 5G RAM, my pc has 10G so I use half the amount of the G my PC has, galacticraft 1.11.2-4.0.2.190, another mod installed = optifine

I tried playing on 1.12.2 and I got a warning that "Planet, bla bla bla from galacticraft core etc" were missing, like a heck tone of things were missing in 1.12.2, idk. but that's all. I downloaded optifine because of this insane lag

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
I tried removing half the amount of lights/solar pannels/ satelite dishes and display screens, killed all mobs around removed some itemframes, removed ALL nasa benches, removed half amounts of oxygen collectors (I use them on rooftops as those generators for air conditioning, just aesthetic) and removed all hanging structures I can find laggy enough, ex. : vines. Maybe the rooftops cause lag, I am not sure. My base is pretty detailed. I'll remove some more stuff now.

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
I get alot of memory garbage collection and tick lag, and fun fact, gratings cause insane amounts of lag! I replaced them a while ago with iron trap doors.
I'll give a list of stuff that I believe might cause lag:
-solar panels
-satelite dishes
-display screens
-spotlights
-astrominer base
-NASA workbench
-rockets
-launch controllers with battery inside them
-fuel loaders with or without battery inside them
-open hatches or doors in buildings (one of them which started lagging had 2)
-Lighting pannels : linear and square
-item frames (all gone now)
-moon buggies
-fuel liquid/asteroid fluid
-quite alot of lava under the map (in doubt about this)
-heavy aluminium wires
-oxygen collectors
-tin decoration block
-plant pots/flowers (in doubt again)
-forests and trees planted by me(in doubt again)
-CHUNKS BEING LOADED.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019
if your using optifine, which i avoid to no end. What graphics card do you have and cpu. Reason why is while minecraft is very CPU heavy the use of optifine and shaders uses a gpu (if one is installed, if not then integrated graphics), the cpu will always become the bottleneck for anything graphics related, which can be mistaken for game "lag" when its really graphics lag.

based on your list of stuff i suspect your "lag" to be caused by optifine

-CHUNKS BEING LOADED. < this will always have an effect on actual game TPS, however if your in single player or the only person in the world this will not be an issue (unless your using a massive amount of chunk loaders is various areas where your player is not currently located)

also my biggest question. Why 1.11.2?

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
I'll try turning off optifine

EDIT : There was no difference at all between minecraft with optifine and minecraft without optifine. My game crashed again. The only difference is:
With optifine : More memory is used, somehow.
FPS reached out to 400, but when Iook at what I built, 73 to 60 to 0
Without optifine : LESS memory used
Fps reached maximum 270, but when I looked at what I built, 73 to 60 to 0

I believe it's the memory that chunks use whenever the map is loaded in.

Last edited:

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
Well, I found out that playing galacticraft in 1.12.2 is much stable performance wise and just walking won't drop below 60 FPS at all, only when I fly. Problem is kind of solved, but it's alright.