My take on how Artificial Gravity could work.

SnailsAttack

Jan 8, 2017
I'm not going to put in any super-specific details on HOW it would actually work, just my concepts for it.

First off, there should be a new ore called "Gravitite". It would spawn rarely within the cores of asteroids, making up about 10% of the inner material. When mined, it would drop a Gravitite Chunk. 6 of these chunks, 2 Desh Ingots, and an Advanced Wafer could be crafted to create a Gravity Core.

Gravity Sealer

The gravity sealer would be crafted with 4 Desh Plates, 4 Aluminum Plates, and 1 Gravity Core. If placed in a sealed area, it would cause anything within the environment to fall at a modified rate. This rate could be adjusted from within the machine, and vary from 10% of the normal gravity to 125%.

Gravity Bubble Distributor

The gravity distributor would be crafted with 4 Desh Plates, 4 Tin Plates, and 1 Gravity core. It would function similarly to the oxygen distributor, except that anything within its bubble would follow its laws of gravity, which are again configurable within the machine. The bubble would be orange.

Gravity Boots

Gravity boots would be crafted with 2 Desh Plates and 2 Gravity Cores. They would provide the player with constant Overworld-level gravity. However, the boots would have to be charged. I'm not sure if galacticraft has a way to charge stuff, but they could just add some kinda charging station.

These items would each require energy to function, although I am not sure how to make it balanced.
Unrefined_Desh.png
Gravitite Chunks could look something like this. I dunno. You can guess what the rest would look like.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed reading! I feel like the addition of these items could make galacticraft a lot more fun.

C.L.

Jul 4, 2016
However, the boots would have to be charged. I'm not sure if galacticraft has a way to charge stuff, but they could just add some kinda charging station.
They already have a thing like that called an energy storage unit. You could use it to charge things. Maybe you should make it optional to use infinite batteries in the boots.

Reactions: SnailsAttack