Need direction

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
I've tried various mod versions etc in order to make this great mod work for single player. At this point I have yet to find a successful way to install steel. Basic components does not auto-install and I can't seem to find a downloadable version that works. I do not wish to install IC2 or Buildcraft etc, just this base mod and its requirements.

I can find copper/tin etc ores in the world but am unable to craft any of the needed core items (cans/batteries/steel etc.) There is no answer I can find in bug reports or in the F.A.Q. so I will ask here: Can someone direct me to a download that will enable the items needed for this mod to work?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

P.S.

Downloaded and am using version 1.6.2-2.0.0.762 for all 3 of the core files if that helps at all.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Well, it's really odd how Basic Components is not self-installing, Obviously that's the source of the main problem, given how you can't find GC ores, but sadly I don't know how to fix this. My guess is that you'll hae to use IC2 or Buildcraft until you can fix Basic Components.

Also, I believe this should go in Support or Bugs sections.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
Aye, perhaps this does belong in support. And to be clear I CAN find GC ores, I just can't use them in anyway I have found due to, I'm guessing, something with Basic Components. My mod folder only has the 3 GC files, as far as I can tell Basic Components never added automatically. Have tried, as I said, manual installation of Basic Components but to no avail. So that was why I posted here, to see what mod others downloaded in order to have GC function as intended.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
Yes, as I said in my other posts I have manually installed all of those (I have no life lol) and not a one of them allows me access to things such as steel or canisters etc. I can, however, craft things like the O2 helmet (My guess is because it only uses vanilla mats). Again, I am using GC version 1.6.2-2.0.0.762 (I have tried all the versions that are curently up on the download page, no help) for the 3 downloads on the download page, and the 1.6.2 forge (I have tried the 1.6.4 as well) and can not actually use the items in the GC mod.

My question remains to the effect of; What mods are you using/have installed that allow you to actually play?

If I can help with any additional information I will of course be more then happy to supply whatever I can. Again I thank you all in advance for any assistance.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
After going into my Mods folder, I discovered that the Basic Components.jar file will be placed inside a folder named after the version your Minecraft currently is. Since you stated you downloaded the 1.6.2 version, it will likely be in a folder named '1.6.2'. Try looking in there.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
How odd. My "mods" folder only has the 3 GC downloads and the BC jar I placed there myself. Your saying there is a folder inside the mods folder? I went ahead and slapted the BC jar file into versions, no help. Prehaps I am missing a folder inside the mods file?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
It's named after the version of your Minecraft.

Assuming your Minecraft is version 1.6.2, the folder should be named 1.6.2. Inside it lies the Basic Components.jar file and CodeChickenLib-universal.jar, though you won't need the Chicken Lib unless you have the NotEnoughItems mod installed.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
Mmm, no change. I'm using copper to try and make a copper canister, and iron with coal to try and make steel dust. Still no luck with the folder "1.6.2" with BC jar in it. I'm thinking this mod, while a good mod from all reports, is not worth the time I've spent trying to get it to work =(

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
Mmm, I started over (uninstalling EVERYTHING including MC etc) and reinstalled using the version 1 1.6.4 and the version 1 1.6.2 of GC. Everything worked exactly as it should (could craft etc). I then installed the newest stable version (same version as listed above) and boom, no go. Also, the folders that contained the BC mod appeared when I did the version 1 GC downloads. I left them in this time for the version 2 and still nothing. This may require this thread to me moved to the bug forum.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
The bug board's threads work differently than the other boards, so I guess you'll have to make a new one in there.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Not sure why you need Basic components. Did a fresh GC install with 762, and it doesn't download nor need it. It may be included in one of the GC jars again.
Just saying no Basic components jar downloaded.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
I tried with no BC jar and was unable to craft steel. I just uninstalled everything again, still can't craft steel dust with only base MC and the 3 mods in the mod folder. As for why I may need it, "Basic Components is automatically downloaded into your mods directory, you can disable it's items being loaded in the Galacticraft config if you wish."

As I said in my first post, I can find the GC ores and oil etc, I simply can do nothing with them. All the forums in regards to such an issue said BC was needed to fix the problems. With or without BC I still can't craft steel dust, tin/copper canisters etc. when trying to use 1.6.2-2.0.0.762.

When you just preformed your test did you try crafting any of the GC components or start from a fully uninstalled/reinstalled file set? I can use creatitive to place pads and ships and fly to the moon, I just can't do it through crafting.

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
Problem solved, you simply have to compress items in GC 2, not use the base items like in GC 1. Such a simple answer, thanks all who helpted figure this out! Straight to the moon Alice!