Need fast help? post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Not to hijack your thread TheUnknownPlayer, but I have a very old computer (5+ years or more) with DDR2 RAM and we are able to run modded Minecraft just fine and dandy. I don't believe fully that Albert420's problem lies with their computer, but something else that could be causing the virtual machine to not start properly.

Again, not trying to hijack your thread, but I know that if I am able to run Minecraft on our older systems, a 7 month old computer (with the right amount of RAM) can run it as well. They just may need advanced JVM arguments to help run it better.

Try this Albert420: open your FTB launcher, go click on the options tab at the top of the launcher. Ensure your "RAM Maximum" is at least 2.0 GB. If you are not able to go above 1.5 GB then you must install Java 64-bit (which is already covered elsewhere, just search for it on the web.)

Click the "Advanced Options" button at the bottom of the options page. Where it says "Additional Java Parameters:" cut and paste this line of code that is between the quotation marks. DON'T copy the quotation marks themselves.

"-Xms2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc"

This can and should help anyone else that wishes to give it a try as per instructions on this page here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/

Honestly this is best for those that have at minimum 5 GB of RAM or so. TheUnknownPlayer, forgive the color as usual.

EDIT: in the JVM arguments, the damn smiley will not go away for "-XX: PermSize=256m" but you should still be able to cut and paste the code like it is and put it into the FTB launcher in the Advanced Options. Sorry for the troubles everyone.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Not to hijack your thread TheUnknownPlayer, but I have a very old computer (5+ years or more) with DDR2 RAM and we are able to run modded Minecraft just fine and dandy. I don't believe fully that Albert420's problem lies with their computer, but something else that could be causing the virtual machine to not start properly.

Again, not trying to hijack your thread, but I know that if I am able to run Minecraft on our older systems, a 7 month old computer (with the right amount of RAM) can run it as well. They just may need advanced JVM arguments to help run it better.

Try this Albert420: open your FTB launcher, go click on the options tab at the top of the launcher. Ensure your "RAM Maximum" is at least 2.0 GB. If you are not able to go above 1.5 GB then you must install Java 64-bit (which is already covered elsewhere, just search for it on the web.)

Click the "Advanced Options" button at the bottom of the options page. Where it says "Additional Java Parameters:" cut and paste this line of code that is between the quotation marks. DON'T copy the quotation marks themselves.

"-Xms2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc"

This can and should help anyone else that wishes to give it a try as per instructions on this page here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/

Honestly this is best for those that have at minimum 5 GB of RAM or so. TheUnknownPlayer, forgive the color as usual.
Why cant you change the color at my trheads?

Its ok its good you helped albert ;)

Reactions: joloswag555
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
I get the OCD, but why does purple alter your world with so much force? It's a color...
That color is fine with me that you use right now its. Look my brain works like this when i read somethibg ar a color i dont like my hearth rate beats faster i start to shake get mad and my brain doesent work. It happens on these colors.

yellow (altough i like it)

pink

bright purple

any darker purple is fine with me ;)

Reactions: joloswag555

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
That color is fine with me that you use right now its. Look my brain works like this when i read somethibg ar a color i dont like my hearth rate beats faster i start to shake get mad and my brain doesent work. It happens on these colors.

yellow (altough i like it)

pink

bright purple

any darker purple is fine with me ;)

I'll accept that and since you were polite about everything and explaining the reasons why, I will compromise and go with the darker purple, this way everyone is happy again. I tried to change the colors on the first hijack post but it won't change.

samTheCyborg

Apr 28, 2014
Im trying to drag it but when i mouse over the signature thing with the file it says Uploads are not availble

Status
Not open for further replies.