New forms of Energy (Brainstorm Thread)

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
Some of my ideas:
  • Wireless Energy: Using Solar Panels on a Space Station(or other planets) and transferring the Energy to a Storage on Earth. The Quantum Flux Mod explores this idea. Also google the concept quantum entanglement.
Any other ideas?

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
I was considering adding some sort of rocket which flies up without the player and beams energy back down as it passes in "orbit". The block on earth would be some sort of beam receiver, which I had been looking at implementing in the past. Kind of a super efficient solar probe, which is of course more science fiction since it's beaming energy back down with pinpoint accuracy.

The rocket would be consumed and unrecoverable.

Thoughts?

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
I was considering adding some sort of rocket which flies up without the player and beams energy back down as it passes in "orbit". The block on earth would be some sort of beam receiver, which I had been looking at implementing in the past. Kind of a super efficient solar probe, which is of course more science fiction since it's beaming energy back down with pinpoint accuracy.

The rocket would be consumed and unrecoverable.

Thoughts?
I was actually thinking about that

How about Plasma Rocket Fuel?

I think it could be used for higher tier travel, as many say Plasma is the next step for rockets.

Also, how about Wireless Powered Vehicles?

Just a thought

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
You could have automatic battery rockets and rocket charging modules. They would work like cargo rockets and cargo loaders, only for power. This way you could supply your base in the overworld with a solar field on mercury.

Beaming energy down to a surface should only work from space stations imho. You build a long-range energy transmitter on the station, pointed downwards, and then a reciever near the station's landing zone, pointed upwards. The process will be somewhat lossy, but less so the more power you transmit, the higher up you build the reciever and the less atmosphere the planet has. Also, anything walking in the beam should be fried :D

Reactions: AugiteSoul