New HQ for upcoming series!

Would a updated Galacticraft guide be helpful?

• Yes please, I could use some help

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don't need the help, but it may be interesting to watch

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No thanks, I think the existing guides are good enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
EDIT: For any and everybody that is remotely interested and/or possibly waiting for this series, I apologize for the delay. I was fully planning on making the series as soon as the base was finished...then word came out about Galacticraft 3 so I decided I was going to wait to include its contents as well. Since it has been a couple of months and no further word on GC3 compounded with my eagerness to do this series I thought I would reach out and ask for your input. Should I wait to include it all in one series or do GC2 now and supplement it later when GC3 is released? I am leaning toward doing it now since I don't know how much longer it will be before 3 will be out...and mostly because I just like making videos and I'm too excited to wait. What do you guys think? Would you rather wait for it all at once because I'm pretty sure I'm going to do 2 first.​

Here is a sneak peak at the location of what is going to be a new Galacticraft Guide series.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=75de3-eNbHo

I know there are a few guides out there, but I want to add more current information with more specific "lessons" broken up into shorter episodes instead of longer "play along" guides.

2014-03-08_19.04.46.png

Attachments

• 2014-02-06_23_56_21(80).png
    2014-02-06_23_56_21(80).png
    907.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
The glory of space. If you do guides on stuff, [ ERROR LOST THOUGHT.] . . . I'm serious. >.<

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Possible add something to the top of your security fences. Slabs or iron blocks or stone that has been "sawed" (somehow as if by magic.)

BGF_Yankee

Jan 20, 2014
I love this! Why isn't some of it on my server?! ;) How did you do the arms/tower on the rocket launch pad? Loving the realism as well! Are those actual storage tanks???

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I love this! Why isn't some of it on my server?! ;) How did you do the arms/tower on the rocket launch pad? Loving the realism as well! Are those actual storage tanks???
Haha, just still getting my bearings with the different mods. I definitely like realistic builds. The tower is made of metal poles from Railcraft and yes the tanks are real and are also from Railcraft.

BGF_Yankee

Jan 20, 2014
Aw, man...are you telling me I need to install Railcraft?! Sigh...okay, I'll work on that tonight! Gotta have that launch arm and those tanks!!

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
just curious what mod set are you using in the coming series...?

i will defenatly watch the series if its comes out :)

Well thank you! Always glad to hear positive feedback. The series will be focused almost entirely on Galacticraft, but there will be a few others involved like Buildcraft, Railcraft, Project Red, and Computer Craft to show some ideas as to how you can use them together with Galacticraft. It's not a "set" or a pack or anything, just a handful of mods I've compiled myself. But again, I want to make sure that the focus is solely to explain Galacticraft. The others are just to supplement and show how to do some cool things to make Galacticraft just a little better.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Well thank you! Always glad to hear positive feedback. The series will be focused almost entirely on Galacticraft, but there will be a few others involved like Buildcraft, Railcraft, Project Red, and Computer Craft to show some ideas as to how you can use them together with Galacticraft. It's not a "set" or a pack or anything, just a handful of mods I've compiled myself. But again, I want to make sure that the focus is solely to explain Galacticraft. The others are just to supplement and show how to do some cool things to make Galacticraft just a little better.
you welkom man^^
ah i see well i pick my mods by hand as well and have the habit to customize the technicpacks i use to my tast.

also if you need a second man or to test something you cant do alone im happy to offer myself as a test supject :)

but beside that, this is just a personal question but any reason why you didnt use mekanics...?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
you welkom man^^
ah i see well i pick my mods by hand as well and have the habit to customize the technicpacks i use to my tast.

also if you need a second man or to test something you cant do alone im happy to offer myself as a test supject :)

but beside that, this is just a personal question but any reason why you didnt use mekanics...?

Partially because I don't have much experience with it. Partially because from what little I have done with it I haven't seen it add much that influences Galacticraft as directly as others. And partially because of unjustified preference ;)

Reactions: MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Partially because I don't have much experience with it. Partially because from what little I have done with it I haven't seen it add much that influences Galacticraft as directly as others. And partially because of unjustified preference ;)
Unjustified! Indeed.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
ah like that, well i can say the same about computercraft XD