New oxygen seal system worse?

Galbi3000

Oct 31, 2013
Hi,
I created a space station using version 2.0.4.862 and it sealed fine using 4 sealers, though it was able to use less, I added 4 for possible expansion. Now I have upgraded to 2.0.6.895 and the station fails to seal. :(

It seams the new sealing method only seals smaller areas! Now I have to enlarge my oxygen production to enable more sealers and find more routes to add oxygen pipes just to get my once sealed station to seal again! :mad:

The older system was slow to seal after changes to the area but once it was sealed it was fine, the airlock functioned ok without changing the seal status so why make the change? o_O

If you are building and making changes to a sealed area you should be doing that while wearing your personal oxygen system in case of accidentally opening up your sealed area to space, so the speed of re-sealing should not matter! :rolleyes:

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
The old one f***ed everything up if oxygen ever breached away from the base and corrupted your world.

Galbi3000

Oct 31, 2013
I tried that, did not work.
I worked out that I have enough air production from my collectors by adding a few more into the same wheat growing area, they collect from 100 to 160 per collector so to be sure I am connecting 2 per sealer (which takes 160 max input).
I have so far connected 13 sealers and STILL it fails to seal the same area that my 4 sealers used to seal!

Here is the layout of my station:

Station Layout.png
Key:
Light Grey = Landing pad (All white area from the pad to the first airlock door is outside)
Dark Grey = Wall
Dark Blue = Airlock Doors
Green = wheat with collectors
Orange = Original Sealers
Red = New Sealers
Purple = Constriction walls to make seal work, if those are removed the seal fails even though it's not a solid wall, it has a door sized opening!
Light Blue = Temporary walls

I can put up the 2 temporary walls and cut off those 2 smaller areas but I have to break the walls to get in/out of the other areas. With those walls, all 3 areas seal fine but as soon as I remove the walls I get unsealed!
The wheat area would not seal unless I constrict the corridor just by adding 1 block! So I added the doorway wall (purple part) just to make it seal. I would have preferred to have it open like it was before :(