YGKOW G1 is the main destination, but also the furthest. It's host to the first extragalactic planet ever found (by accident, no less), as well as the most distant. Perhaps Andromeda too.wow, out of the Milky way! where are we going next? andromeda? parallel universes?
[continued from previous post]
OPERATION: FORGING NEW LIMITS
Ladies and Gentlemen, Minecrafters alike! We have reached the edge of our humble Milky Way, but our journey is not over! Now is the time to leave behind our home! We. must. go. further! We must expand our gratuitous empires and monuments to Man's accomplishment!
To begin, your humble spaceship (nor your starship!) will be prepared to make this voyage. You must construct something so magnificently mind-boggling that the best of today would question how you did it! You must construct... an Intergalactic Spacefarer. Doing this is no simple task, as the materials needed will make you question your gathering abilities. Among other things, you must build:
- 2 Hyperspace Traversal Engines - These engines are the heart of the Spacefarer, capable of reaching (and breaking) the Speed of Light by bending the Space itself around the vehicle into a cone-esque formation, causing immense pressure to be released in a fraction of a nanosecond.
- 1 Pressure Refractor - This piece of interesting technology is the reason why the Spacefarer doesn't obliterate itself upon starting the HTEs. It reverses the pressure against the Spacefarer, causes space itself to bend around the Spacefarer.
- Cabin - Self-explanatory, it even has cup-holders (though there's no guarantee that your coffee won't spill when going 8,993,773,740m/s).
- 4 Galactic Wind Sail - Oil is no longer your fuel source, it simply won't last. Instead, when cruising the GWS captures the extragalactic winds to propel itself. The GWS also provides an absolutely astronomical amount of electrical charge.
- 1 Spacefarer Chassis - Self-explanatory. Made out of the highest quality stuff you can find in the Milky Way, Supercooled Diamond (that has been mixed with Iron.)
- 3 Hyperspace Directional Ailerons - Massive, wing-like fixtures which steer the Spacefarer.
- 1 Hibernation Matrix - You can probably guess what the point of it is."So I have my Spacefarer built, what now?"
Blast off, genius.
(hit V once at the 500-700 block height to activate the HTEs, if you don't you can't leave the galaxy!"
ANDROMEDA GALAXY - KELT 1b
2.5 Million Light Years Away
"The newest New Frontier"Welcome to Kelt 1b, the failed Star, now a planet of extremes. How does 2422 Kelvin sound? How about having a year that's 27 hours long (15 seconds MC time)? How about the fact that it receives 600 times the amount of radiation the Overworld receives? Fun, eh?
- Survival - Make sure to pack a High Pressure Heat Suit! You're gonna need it! And don't look directly at the Star, you'll blind yourself.
- Biomes -
- Sweltering Plain - A very flat biome with the occasional indentation in the ground. The surface is made of Hyperthermal Stone (an orange-red stone). Plenty of lava lakes and ponds of Metallic Hydrogen to spare.
- Metallic Sea - An ocean of Metallic Hydrogen.
- Ores -
- Hyperthermal Stone - Extremely common, can be mined with a wood pick (provided you can get one there without it burning to ash).
YGKOW G1 is exclusively what I make it out to be, the only reason we know it exists is because of a 1-in-4billion chance lensing anomaly that caused the planet to appear in front of its parent star in a way that made the host star appear extremely dim (it's later discovered that its star is a Brown Dwarf). And I have very little coding knowledge beyond my 1 year C++ course I took, everything you see here are ideas, nothing more nothing less. If Micdoodle or someone else wants to make it happen, all the more power to them.Is YGKOW G1 an earth like planet? Your ideas are big enough for making it it`s own mod, if you are going to make it your own mod, i`m definely going to download and install it.
It wasn't a parade.Hate to rain on your "extra-galactic" parade, but most of what you are suggesting in the later posts will be very hard to do without a significant overhaul of the mechanics of mc and gc. However, most of what you suggested in the first page is easily doable if someone was willing to put in the time to figure out the tiny details. Good luck on getting the later posts implemented though, they seem a bit far out... almost out of this universe