New Planets and Resources

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dunewolfz, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Jappards

Jappards Member

wow, out of the Milky way! where are we going next? andromeda? parallel universes?

2. Dunewolfz

Dunewolfz He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
    Staff Member

YGKOW G1 is the main destination, but also the furthest. It's host to the first extragalactic planet ever found (by accident, no less), as well as the most distant. Perhaps Andromeda too.

3. Dunewolfz

Staff Member

I'm an idea guy, and my ideas have leaked to bigger and further places.

4. Jappards

Jappards Member

Is YGKOW G1 an earth like planet? Your ideas are big enough for making it it`s own mod, if you are going to make it your own mod, i`m definely going to download and install it.

5. IsoMS

IsoMS Member

VERY VERY EPIC POST>

6. Dunewolfz

Staff Member

YGKOW G1 is exclusively what I make it out to be, the only reason we know it exists is because of a 1-in-4billion chance lensing anomaly that caused the planet to appear in front of its parent star in a way that made the host star appear extremely dim (it's later discovered that its star is a Brown Dwarf). And I have very little coding knowledge beyond my 1 year C++ course I took, everything you see here are ideas, nothing more nothing less. If Micdoodle or someone else wants to make it happen, all the more power to them.
    I might try Java someday, but I have no drive to learn it now.

7. Platinum_Altaria

I'd rather there were more 'Minecrafty' planets, like a creeper homeworld. Making an icy world and an ocean world would be cool though.

8. jasonB221

jasonB221 Member

Hate to rain on your "extra-galactic" parade, but most of what you are suggesting in the later posts will be very hard to do without a significant overhaul of the mechanics of mc and gc. However, most of what you suggested in the first page is easily doable if someone was willing to put in the time to figure out the tiny details. Good luck on getting the later posts implemented though, they seem a bit far out... almost out of this universe

9. Dunewolfz

Staff Member

It wasn't a parade.
    I've made this point clear six ways from Sunday. These are ideas, I know very well that they are very difficult to accomplish. They are ideas, and I expect no more from it than that.
    hot damn you're annoying.

Jeremyrwb likes this.
  10. spacet&b

spacet&b Member

The minecraft universe is now 3 times bigger than our own.

(I think the end is just an asteroid in the most remote galaxy ever - UDFy-38135539)