New Planets and Resources

croxis

Mar 18, 2013
While it is true that the asteroid belt is commonly considered the "middle" of the Solar System, what resources would you logically find on an End-sized hunk of rock? Realistically, asteroids in the belt consist of rock and maybe iron, but not much else. Plus, Titan is much more hospitable when compared to an Asteroid. :3

*Note: I belive that when in conflict fun should always beat out realism, but I don't know what the dev's plans are so I'll just quote realism.

While the asteroid belt is in the "middle" of the list of planets it is actually really, really close in compared to titan. The Earth is 1 AU from the sun. Mars is 1.4. Ceres is about 2.5. Jupiter is 5. Saturn and Titan are almost 10. It is almost exponential in nature. So if GC keeps the same scale it does make som sense to use Ceres or Jupiter as a jumping point instead. Many near-future sci fi stories often speak of using Jupiter's hydrogen rich atmosphere as a gas station.

Also asteroids are a lot more valuable than you think. A single asteroid can have more metals than what we can reach in Earth's crust. Most of the Earth's original Gold, colbalt, iron, platinum, and tungsten sank down to the core long ago. What we have left on the crust is actually from past asteroid impacts, meaning our crust is very ore poor.

Asteroids also have a surprising amount of volitiles as well, including water. They are actually quite hospitable by digging in and living inside in man made caves.

cur25

Mar 13, 2013
I have another idea for an endgame mob. What about a space creature you have to fight from within your rocket. This would work nicely with weapons on your ship (Micdoodle'll have to add that a swell though...).
And as an idea for a new 'mob' on planets. What about blocks that 'grow' slowly towards players and player-placed blocks. These 'vines' can be break into your base and take it over, they also damage you when you touch them, but can eb harvested.
note: I don't mean an entity. I mean a actual blocks that slowly spawn more blocks towards players and their buildings.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I have another idea for an endgame mob. What about a space creature you have to fight from within your rocket. This would work nicely with weapons on your ship (Micdoodle'll have to add that a swell though...).
And as an idea for a new 'mob' on planets. What about blocks that 'grow' slowly towards players and player-placed blocks. These 'vines' can be break into your base and take it over, they also damage you when you touch them, but can eb harvested.
note: I don't mean an entity. I mean a actual blocks that slowly spawn more blocks towards players and their buildings.
I was thinking about the first part as well, lol. I figured it would be an absolute nightmare to code though. You'd have to prevent the spaceship from breaking when you shoot an arrow, slash with a sword, etc.

cur25

Mar 13, 2013
I was thinking about the first part as well, lol. I figured it would be an absolute nightmare to code though. You'd have to prevent the spaceship from breaking when you shoot an arrow, slash with a sword, etc.
I think that can be done by adding guns/turrets/whatever to the outside of the rocket. It'll act similarly to the flan's planes mod planes. The boss fight could be in a dimension without any solid land, and without your rocket, death would be instant (similar to the void).

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
I think that can be done by adding guns/turrets/whatever to the outside of the rocket. It'll act similarly to the flan's planes mod planes. The boss fight could be in a dimension without any solid land, and without your rocket, death would be instant (similar to the void).

so the end of the universe?

croxis

Mar 18, 2013
The problem with the end's dragon is that once it is dead, thats it. Same thing with an uber end boss. Players need some sort of progression to stay interested, so after you kill it, then what? An alternative is that you can't destroy the end boss. Defeating it only sends it into hiding, only to return later (maybe even stronger?).

I have another problem with just blindly adding worlds and its the same I had with the nether (at least until last year's update). Sure the nether was nifty to visit, but once you visited there was no reason to go back or to even live there. Obviously this mod is young so not all content has been developed. I would like to see viable reasons for me to choose to live on another world.

Personally I'm more into the building side of things so I'm interested in "end game" mechanics there. I think terraforming is an interesting idea. It wouldn't change a world to be like the overworld, because we already have that. But it could give it breathable air, stable water, and maybe some unintended consequences like different or harder mobs. Tforming would require resources and high tiered items from every world (giving reason to go to all the places), it would take a long time to achieve, and would require periodic upkeep. A decent balance idea is that a single player only has enough playtime to sustain tforming on one world.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
The problem with the end's dragon is that once it is dead, thats it. Same thing with an uber end boss. Players need some sort of progression to stay interested, so after you kill it, then what? An alternative is that you can't destroy the end boss. Defeating it only sends it into hiding, only to return later (maybe even stronger?).

That's why I went with a endgame boss that can spawn in multiple places, like the Aether bosses. You can defeat plenty of them and not be limited to killing it once.

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I have another problem with just blindly adding worlds and its the same I had with the nether (at least until last year's update). Sure the nether was nifty to visit, but once you visited there was no reason to go back or to even live there. Obviously this mod is young so not all content has been developed. I would like to see viable reasons for me to choose to live on another world.
I've added a couple more biomes for each planet, I would have more but there's a character limit on each post, lol. I'm also trying to find more things you can craft with each ore.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
[Continued from third Post]
  • Tau Ceti f - A very picturesque planet with rolling hills, canyons carved by the hexane which runs throughout the planet, and host to semi-primordial life. The grass on Tau Ceti f, or technically, soil, is a dark yellowish-green color. The actual look of Tau Ceti f is vastly different than the Overworld, however.
  • Biomes of Tau Ceti f -
    • Thickets - A biome dominated by thick bushes and stubby trees. The trees in the Thickets biome are typically no larger than 6 blocks in height. One can usually walk through an entire Thickets biome without ever touching the ground.
    • Hexane Canyons - A biome with moderate hills and a generous amount of fairly tall (10-14 block high) trees. The main feature of this biome is the canyons which have been known to stretch all the way to bedrock, these canyons have Hexane pouring out of the walls of the canyons.
    • Prickle Sands - A low-lying land covered in a sand-like block which is painful to the touch, the Prickle Sands deal very little damage to the player though, usually only dealing (or less than) the damage a single silverfish would do.
    • Hexane Ocean - An ocean full of, well, hexane. Hexane is initially harmless to the player, however, after staying in the hexane for too long (30+ seconds), the player will begin to receive nausea. After 5 minutes of being in Hexane, the player will begin to be poisoned.
    • Rubble Islands - A biome which, like Mushroom Island, only spawn in the ocean. The typically spawn in groups of 2 to 5. Rubble Islands usually have 3/4 block high overhangs which make getting onto the islands difficult.
    • Snare Bogs - A biome with very few trees which consists mainly of hexane-filled marshes which have the occasional petrified log underneath the surface. Snare Bogs are also home to the most complex life Tau Ceti f has to offer, the Snare Beast.
    • Obelisks - A fairly hilly biome with characteristic obsidian spires shooting out of the surface (these spires' bases extend all the way to bedrock as well). The tops of these spires hold Charged Obsidian. This biome is always covered by a perpetual thunderstorm.
  • Mobs of Tau Ceti F:
    • Snare Beasts - Hostile Slime-like creatures which spawn in a multitude of colours (most commonly white) and are incredibly resilient. Snare Beasts are no larger than tiny Slimes, but are difficult to kill because of how you have to kill it. Simply hitting a Snare Beast will not do anything, shooting with an arrow won't either. In order to kill one, you must craft an Ivarite Ranseur (as Ivarite is the only resource known to harm them). Drop 1-2 Snare gel when killed.
    • Tau Grub - A passive, worm creature which can be seen en masse in the Prickle Sands biome as well as less in the Thickets biome. Drop 1 Grub Fur when killed.
    • Bacteria Colony - A passive purple colony of bacteria which spawns wherever there is a 2x2x2 area of Hexane. Drop nothing when killed.
  • Ores on Tau Ceti f:
    • Ivarite - A bright gold ore which spawns between layers 10-80. Drops 1 (more with Fortune) Ivarite Scrap. Can be used to craft Ivarite armour (same durability as iron, auto-enchanted with protection 1)
    • Veriksen - A dark-tan ore which drops 1+ Verriksen deposit.
    • Petricate - An orange/red ore which has to be smelted into Petricate Ingots.
    • Charged Obsidian - Obsidian covered with yellow cracks. Takes roughly 20 seconds to mine with a diamond pickaxe. If you have one block of this in your inventory, it will revive you on the spot (to 2 hearts) and grant you 5 seconds of swiftness 2. When you are revived by a Charged Obisidian block, the ground beneath the character is turned into obsidian. (Charged Obsidian works identical to real-world Defibrilators.) Spawns on the tops of Obsidian Obelisks only.
  • Tau Ceti f related crafting -
    • Ivarite Ranseur - 1 stick in the bottom middle, Ivarite Scrap in the middle and middle-top, 1 iron ingot in the top-left. Deals 30 damage on hit.
    • Ivarite Armour - Crafted the same as normal armour.
    • Grub Fur Twirler - Crafted with a stick in the bottom middle, a string in the middle, and 1 grub fur in the top-middle. Can be used to ride Tau Grubs like Pigs with Carrot-on-a-sticks.
    • Veriksen blocks (the same crafting recipes as Nether Quartz blocks) (dark-tan)
    • Veriksen tools - Same crafting recipes as vanilla tools, has 5000 durability. (sword not included)
    • Veriksen boots - Same crafting as vanilla boots, gives the player the ability to walk on blocks which hurt/slow them on contact (such as cactus, cobwebs, vines, Prickle Sand). Offers same protection as chainmail boots.
    • Petrified Ingot - Crafted with 1 Petrified Log and 1 Petricate Ingot. (shapeless)
    • Petrified Tools - Crafted the same as vanilla tools with Petrified Ingots. 900 Durability. (not swords)
    • Petrified Rapier - Crafted with 1 blaze rod and two Petrified Ingots in the same shape as a sword. Deals 15 damage as well as freezes the mob in place for 2 seconds (5 if it was a critical hit). (useful for killing Endermen)
    • Light Caster - A torch-like block which creates a circle of light twice the size of a glowstone block. crafted like this (p=petrified log, I=Ivarite Scrap, N=nether quartz, G=glass block, T=torch)
[G][N][G]
[P][T][P]
(I)[P](I)
    • Sky Bringer - A special sword which delivers attacks in a different fashion than just slashing. The Sky Bringer summons three golden swords which fire at the target mob, dealing between 20-25 damage. Crafted like this, (b=blaze rod, o=obsidian, p=petrified ingot, s=shimmering ingot, bp=blaze powder, x=empty:
[bp](S)[bp]
[o][p][o]
[x](b)[x]
  • Gel Fossils can be crafted into a slime summoner. The Slime summoner will spawn a Slime to attack for the player. Slimes spawned like this have a lifespan of only 1 minute. The Summoner can be charged by holding right-click, the longer the charge the larger the Slime spawned. Summoners have 10 uses and can be repaired with Snare gels. (slimes spawned via SS will not divide into more when killed). Slime summoner crafted like this (g=gel fossil, b=bone, s=snare gel, x=empty):
[x][g][x]
(s)(b)(b)
[x](b)[x]
    • Fossil Snare - Apparently Snare Beasts have been around for quite a while, though they seem to have taken on a much smaller evolutionary state. Snare Beasts used to larger, much larger.
    • The Fossil Snare is an optional semi-boss you can summon. In order to summon one you must have the following:
      • 27 Snare Gel
      • 1 Redstone block
      • 1 Splash Potion of Regeneration
    • The Fossil Snare must be built in a 3x3x3 cube with the Redstone block in the middle. Throw the Splash potion on the structure on the Fossil Snare will be summoned.
    • The Fossil Snare is a massive Snare Beast which has 500 hearts of health. The Fossil Snare has two attacks, it will either summon a Snare Beast to fight for it or, it will attack by jumping high into the air and slamming down onto the player. This jump attack can deplete 4 hearts of health to a diamond-armoured player. Luckily for the player, the Fossil Snare is not immune to most attacks, though arrows still do not damage it. When killed, the Fossil Snare will drop 5-10 Snare gel as well as 1-2 Gel Fossil.
  • 51 Pegasi b (AKA Bellerophon) - This permanently burning planet suffers from orbiting far too close to its sun, stripping the planet of its atmosphere and scorching the inner workings. A single day on Bellerophon lasts 4 minutes, and the sun fills up roughly 40% of the sky. Survival of Bellerophon is extremely difficult, but fairly rewarding.
    • Biomes -
      • Bellorophon Surface - A yellow-tan land with rolling hills and a fair bit of mountains dotting the land.
    • Mobs -In the hayday of the planet, many life-forms could be found here, but only a few have fully adapted to the harsh landscape.
      • Pegasi Crawler - A neutral, four-legged creature which has characteristic spider-like movements. Their attacks deal a high amount of knockback. They have 60 hearts of health. Drop 2-4 Crawler Legs when killed.
      • Pegasi Hunter - A hostile creature which mainly preys on Crawlers, but will attack the player if approached. The Hunter looks like a tan, enlarged Ocelot with a fin on its head. Have 40 hearts of health and drop Hunter Fin when killed.
    • Ores -The ores of Bellorophon spawn fairly close to bedrock and are uncommon to find.
      • Streakite - Drops 1-2 Streakite when mined.
      • Coal
      • Diamond
      • Iron
    • Crafting
      • Streakite-Enfused Armour - This special armour allows the wearer to:
          • Momentarily dash at three times the speed of normal running.
          • Fly for 15 seconds
        • This armour is special because when the wearer is struck by lightning, the armour forever becomes "Hyper-charged Streakite Armour". This armour allows the wearer to draw energy from nearby mobs, lava, beacons, or active redstone. The energy summoned can be used to launch "Streak Bolts" (shift mid click). These bolts one hit kill anything with up to 30 hearts, as well as light mobs on fire. HCSA cannot be enchanted, however.

Reactions: jbjoseph and cur25

Theforeseen1

Mar 24, 2013
dune can you check if my ideas realistic its called airlock seals astronomic engineering {satellites,rovers,telescopes} + new items and wip bar tell me your opinion any body can share there's too!

Mar 15, 2013
Dune, since the Fossil Snare is summoned from fossils, it should have a "fossily" ( I know that's not a real word ) exterior, and it should be see-through, as there is no bio-material to get in the way. It should drop "magic bones" as if it have no muscle, it cant move, so these magic bones move it. I know this mod is for science purposes, and so the name is magic bones because less evolved animals would think its magic. In reality, it is a telekinetically controlled rod, that allows the skeleton to move. The telekinetic part, the one controlling it all, is a block that spawns when the Fossil Snare spawns, and if 4 magic bones are collected, and a telekinetic block is used, a golem is created, in the shape of the iron golem, because the bones are placeable.