New Planets and Resources

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
[continued from previous post of course]
  • S Ori 52- A free-roaming Rogue planet long disassociated with its parent star. Being an isolated planet, S Ori 52 is cast in permanent darkness. Creatures here have adapted their vision to be vastly more keen in darkness, meaning that they try to maintain their distance from any sort of light. Due to there being no sun, S Ori 52 is a cold, cold planet... so cold in fact that heat scans have shown parts of the surface to be barely above absolute zero. The only way you can visit S Ori 52 without freezing to death instantly is by bringing something which casts heat, this includes things such as lava buckets, glowstone, blaze powder, etc.
    • Mobs -
      • Orionis Penguin - These small, white creatures spawn in groups of 3-6 and are passive towards the player. Orionis Penguins approach the player slowly, and will follow the player around as long as the player is within 30 blocks of them. They have a special organ which allows them to identify creatures and relay information telepathically to other Orionis Penguins. Orionis Penguins have 45 hearts of health and drop 4-5 feathers and 1 Knowledge Relay Organ upon death.
      • Orionis Aurorsis - A light gray, bird-like creature which darts around the sky and attacks its prey by divebombing them. They are hostile towards the player and Orionis Penguins. They release a horrible screech when they are going in for an attack, these attacks will instantly kill an unarmoured player (dealing 25 hearts of damage). Aurorsises have 30 hearts of health and drop 1-2 Aurorsis Feathers when killed.
      • Orionis Mammoth - A large, mammoth-like creature which is passive towards the player (likely because the player is too small for such a creature to even notice). These creatures feed on a special, nutrient-rich snow which forms in small deposits on the surface. They have 200 hearts of health and drop 5-7 Mammoth Fur when killed.
      • Orionis Glowshroom - A stationary, glowing, neon blue, sea-anemone-like "creature" which grows in large patches in groups of 20-30. When the player is within 5 blocks of one, the Glowshroom's roots shoot upward in an attempt to capture the player and suffocate them to death. Axes are the best weapon to kill a Glowshroom with, as a diamond axe deals 10 hearts of damage to one, whereas a diamond sword deals 5. Glowshrooms have 45 hearts of health and drop 1-2 Glowshroom Spore when killed. Glowshrooms also spawn, very rarely, as a
      • Orionis Huntshroom - A special variety of Glowshroom which is identified by it's glowing dark red skin. Huntshrooms fire poisonous spores at the player when the player is within 20 blocks of one. Huntshrooms have 60 hearts of health and drop 2-3 Huntshroom Spore when killed.
    • Ores of S Ori 52 -
      • Ferrosnow - A nutrient-rich, light blue block which spawns on the surface on S Ori 52. Feeding an Orionis Mammoth 10-12 of these will allow the player to ride one, though there is no way to control it.
      • Supercooled Diamond (rare) - A white-blue ore which is a diamond which has been exposed to extreme cold for millions of years. The resulting material is a hardened diamond with an extreme luminosity.
      • Iron (common)
      • Ivarite (uncommon)
      • Gold (common)
      • Luminite (common) - An ore which drops 1-3 Luminite when mined. Luminite can be placed on a flat surface where it casts the same amount of light as a redstone torch.
      • Hyperfrozen Icicle - An "ore" which spawns hanging on the edge of cliffs or in the entrance to caves. Drops 1-2 Hyperfrozen Ice Shards when mined.
    • SO52-related Crafting -
      • Shock-Exposed Diamond - In order to obtain this you must expose Supercooled Diamond to extreme heat, namely by bringing into the nether (or Nemesis), but there are other ways (such as smelting it with lava in a furnace).
      • Shocked Diamond Tools - Crafted like normal tools but with SD in place of normal diamonds. Have 3 times the durability as a normal diamond tools.
      • Ice Needle - Crafted like a sword with an iron ingot in place of the stick and 2 Ice Shards in place of the sword's blade. The Ice Needle functions as a sword with the special ability to inflict weakness on anything within a 10 block radius of the player (when it is the currently selected item). When a mob is killed the an Ice Needle, the block below the point of death turns into an ice block. It has 500 durability and deals 18 hearts of damage.
      • Intelligence Relay Device - Crafted with a Knowledge Relay Organ in the center, surrounded by iron on the sides (vertical), and Sensor Lenses on the bottom and top center squares. When right-clicked, the IRD will scan the area for nearby creatures and any creatures within a 40-block radius will show up red on the player's screen. This even works if the mob is underground. The IRD has 50 uses and is repaired with a Knowledge Relay Organ (dropped by Orionis Penguins).
      • Aurorsis Feather Armour - Armour crafted with Aurorsis Feathers in place of the normal materials. A full set of Aurorsis Feather Armour offers the same protection as gold armour, but allows the player infinite flight as well as complete fall damage protection.
      • Glowshroom Soup - Crafted like Mushroom Soup but replace the mushrooms with Hunt/Glowshroom spores. Grants the player 5 minutes of water breathing and 10 seconds of swiftness.
    • S Ori 52 Enchanting - The follow enchantments are only available to a player who has already visited S Ori 52. They are typically found in the 21-30 levels range.
      • Ice Prongs - An enchantment similar to thorns except that it deals slowness to the mob that is hit by it. It deals slightly more damage than Thorns as well.
      • Permafrost - This enchantment allows the player to "walk" on water and lava. When walking across water, the water below the player turns into ice, when walking across lava, the lava below turns to stone. This enchantment can only be applied to boots and causes the armour to take thrice the overall damage.
      • Freezer Burn - This enchantment causes the player to passively regain hunger when standing still or sneaking, at 1 hunger point every 10 seconds. However, when the player is struck by food poisoning, the hunger effect is doubled (meaning that at full sprint your hunger would go empty within 20 seconds). this feels slightly overpowered...

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
[continued from previous post of course]
  • S Ori 52- A free-roaming Rogue planet long disassociated with its parent star. Being an isolated planet, S Ori 52 is cast in permanent darkness. Creatures here have adapted their vision to be vastly more keen in darkness, meaning that they try to maintain their distance from any sort of light. Due to there being no sun, S Ori 52 is a cold, cold planet... so cold in fact that heat scans have shown parts of the surface to be barely above absolute zero. The only way you can visit S Ori 52 without freezing to death instantly is by bringing something which casts heat, this includes things such as lava buckets, glowstone, blaze powder, etc.
    • Mobs -
      • Orionis Penguin - These small, white creatures spawn in groups of 3-6 and are passive towards the player. Orionis Penguins approach the player slowly, and will follow the player around as long as the player is within 30 blocks of them. They have a special organ which allows them to identify creatures and relay information telepathically to other Orionis Penguins. Orionis Penguins have 45 hearts of health and drop 4-5 feathers and 1 Knowledge Relay Organ upon death.
      • Orionis Aurorsis - A light gray, bird-like creature which darts around the sky and attacks its prey by divebombing them. They are hostile towards the player and Orionis Penguins. They release a horrible screech when they are going in for an attack, these attacks will instantly kill an unarmoured player (dealing 25 hearts of damage). Aurorsises have 30 hearts of health and drop 1-2 Aurorsis Feathers when killed.
      • Orionis Mammoth - A large, mammoth-like creature which is passive towards the player (likely because the player is too small for such a creature to even notice). These creatures feed on a special, nutrient-rich snow which forms in small deposits on the surface. They have 200 hearts of health and drop 5-7 Mammoth Fur when killed.
      • Orionis Glowshroom - A stationary, glowing, neon blue, sea-anemone-like "creature" which grows in large patches in groups of 20-30. When the player is within 5 blocks of one, the Glowshroom's roots shoot upward in an attempt to capture the player and suffocate them to death. Axes are the best weapon to kill a Glowshroom with, as a diamond axe deals 10 hearts of damage to one, whereas a diamond sword deals 5. Glowshrooms have 45 hearts of health and drop 1-2 Glowshroom Spore when killed. Glowshrooms also spawn, very rarely, as a
      • Orionis Huntshroom - A special variety of Glowshroom which is identified by it's glowing dark red skin. Huntshrooms fire poisonous spores at the player when the player is within 20 blocks of one. Huntshrooms have 60 hearts of health and drop 2-3 Huntshroom Spore when killed.
    • Ores of S Ori 52 -
      • Ferrosnow - A nutrient-rich, light blue block which spawns on the surface on S Ori 52. Feeding an Orionis Mammoth 10-12 of these will allow the player to ride one, though there is no way to control it.
      • Supercooled Diamond (rare) - A white-blue ore which is a diamond which has been exposed to extreme cold for millions of years. The resulting material is a hardened diamond with an extreme luminosity.
      • Iron (common)
      • Ivarite (uncommon)
      • Gold (common)
      • Luminite (common) - An ore which drops 1-3 Luminite when mined. Luminite can be placed on a flat surface where it casts the same amount of light as a redstone torch.
I'll do crafting later, gah.

Nice! I don't know how you're so good at this, but I accept it!

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Nice! I don't know how you're so good at this, but I accept it!

I come up with these ideas when I'm sitting at my desk doodling/sketching. Most of my stuff is pokemon-related but on occasion I'll come up with some creatures and give them names and put them on this list. I'm also an avid astronomer and took numerous astronomy courses since high school, so I'm fairly knowledgeable on the circumstances you'd have to have for a planet to be able to harbour life, and how said creatures would evolve to their planet. Coming up with names for ores is just searching for synonyms of a normal word, I'll take for example "Luminite", I went with a synonym for "glowing", in this case "illuminate" and added "-ite" where it sounded best (-ium also works).
As for the planets I just use my old textbooks, Wikipedia, or Hubble's website.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
I come up with these ideas when I'm sitting at my desk doodling/sketching. Most of my stuff is pokemon-related but on occasion I'll come up with some creatures and give them names and put them on this list. I'm also an avid astronomer and took numerous astronomy courses since high school, so I'm fairly knowledgeable on the circumstances you'd have to have for a planet to be able to harbour life, and how said creatures would evolve to their planet. Coming up with names for ores is just searching for synonyms of a normal word, I'll take for example "Luminite", I went with a synonym for "glowing", in this case "illuminate" and added "-ite" where it sounded best (-ium also works).
As for the planets I just use my old textbooks, Wikipedia, or Hubble's website.
Impressive! Keep that kind of stuff up!

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
What about for a harder challenge when the altitude reaches 1,024 blocks you manually have to get in a orbit around the overworld to get the menu(or you could just click autopilot( the background will get darker at 256 blocks and spacey type at 976))and when you click on the planet/moon it'll show you the trajectory to get there( you know what I'm gonna say).

Note; this comment may be like this: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Reactions: Jake

lego207

Jun 17, 2013
All of these ideas are very amazing; I'd love to see some of this implemented.
A fun idea I have is the idea of orbital telescopes, or space-probes. Not sure of crafting recipes but imagine having a telescope that you could control from earth or space station! Perhaps using these telescopes would kind of unlock worlds outside our solar system. For space-probes, maybe being able to see the planet it was sent to our send a lander in there that could be remote controlled or something of the sort. That'd be something cool to pair up with all of the planets outside the solar system!

Oh and what about a planet orbiting a black hole? Obviously the planet is totally dead (thanks to the supernova), but that's another fun little idea :3

ProfessorG42

May 24, 2013
Blood-gulch canyon
All of these ideas are very amazing; I'd love to see some of this implemented.
A fun idea I have is the idea of orbital telescopes, or space-probes. Not sure of crafting recipes but imagine having a telescope that you could control from earth or space station! Perhaps using these telescopes would kind of unlock worlds outside our solar system. For space-probes, maybe being able to see the planet it was sent to our send a lander in there that could be remote controlled or something of the sort. That'd be something cool to pair up with all of the planets outside the solar system!

Oh and what about a planet orbiting a black hole? Obviously the planet is totally dead (thanks to the supernova), but that's another fun little idea :3
A planet near a black hole would get sucked in the black hole, even light cannot escape a black hole.

lego207

Jun 17, 2013
Anything can orbit one, just at a constant risk. So it'd kinda be similar to the planet destined to crash into it's star.

Sebbadon, anyone?

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Anything can orbit one, just at a constant risk. So it'd kinda be similar to the planet destined to crash into it's star.

Sebbadon, anyone?
Exactly, because our galaxy is orbiting a black hole witch causes our spiral appearance.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Exactly, because our galaxy is orbiting a black hole witch causes our spiral appearance.

Yeeaaahhhhh, no. The main reason the Milky Way is a spiral is because of the waves caused by the stars within the galaxy itself. As of current, we don't know what exactly causes these waves, but what we do know is that it directly influences the spiral characteristic of spiral galaxies.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Yeeaaahhhhh, no. The main reason the Milky Way is a spiral is because of the waves caused by the stars within the galaxy itself. As of current, we don't know what exactly causes these waves, but what we do know is that it directly influences the spiral characteristic of spiral galaxies.
Oh, derp on my part!

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
That moment when you realize 2500 people have looked at this thread.
886.gif

spacet&b

May 20, 2013

no.. the thing is supermassive black holes can't have a giant gravitational influence but another thing is theres a force(if you can call it a force) called dark matter which helps the milky way maintain its galactic system(works on stuff classified as a dwarf galaxy or higher).

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
no.. the thing is supermassive black holes can't have a giant gravitational influence but another thing is theres a force(if you can call it a force) called dark matter which helps the milky way maintain its galactic system(works on stuff classified as a dwarf galaxy or higher).

It isn't "orbiting" per se, there's a word for this... can't recall it though. Our galaxy has a supermassive black hole in the center of it which everything in this galaxy centers around. The BH is part of the galaxy though.