newby with Galacticraft

ChCollins

Mar 4, 2013
Hi!! Can you update me -- as of today -- the best release versions for

- Forge
- Render player API (should I also install with the universal player API?)
- Galacticraft complete install

Where should I find the Galacticraft downloads?

I have no previous mods, and this is my first mod install

C. Collins, USA

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Hi!! Can you update me -- as of today -- the best release versions for

- Forge
- Render player API (should I also install with the universal player API?)
- Galacticraft complete install

Where should I find the Galacticraft downloads?

I have no previous mods, and this is my first mod install

C. Collins, USA
  1. Same as what Flash said, except I use 6.6.2.533, but I haven't gotten a chance to update it.
  2. Right at the front page of Galacticraft at the bottom.
  3. Since it's your first, I'd suggest you use Magic Launcher unless you really know what you're doing.

ChCollins

Mar 4, 2013
awesome. thanks for the suggestions. I hate to sound like a newbie, but . . . .

When I find "Magic Launcher", I am directed to wierd sites -- like Adfly -- which seem very spam-ish. Is there an easier way to find the direct download sites? I welcome your suggestions, but I am downloading some very weird stuff, at this point.

C. Collins, USA

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Adf.ly is basically a way of Modders to make money without having you directly donate them. The download starts right after the ad is over in Adf.ly, the Modders get paid via an agreement with Adf.ly so that they get part of the money from advertisements.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
I wouldn't use MagicLauncher, I think MultiMC is alot easier to handle and features an automatic way of installing forge.

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
I wouldn't use MagicLauncher, I think MultiMC is alot easier to handle and features an automatic way of installing forge.
Both work great, although I also prefer MultiMC.

Anyway here are the latest links (with ADF.LY and AdFocus links of the owners):
Forge
Player API Render
Gravitycraft

NOTE: Latest means experimental! If you have any bugs, please downgrade to the official version of Forge before you mention them here!

And like they already said: Adfocus and Adf.ly provide 5 seconds adds before you go to the download links, which generate a small bit of money for the owner of the link. This way they still make some money, while not having anyone to donate. It does seem like spam and malware, I agree, but if you know what it is, you learn to live with it.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
It doesn't really look like malware I think, more like a phising website (Thats what i thought when I first saw adfly)

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Well I don't even really know what phising is (English is not my native language) :) So I probably ment that lol
Anyways, it's totally safe.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Well I don't even really know what phising is (English is not my native language) :) So I probably ment that lol
Anyways, it's totally safe.
Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an email. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing emails may contain links to websites that are infected with malware. - Wikipedia

Reactions: flashman111