Next Dimension: Asteroid Belt, amazing Ideas

zachblue2

Nov 23, 2013
Since Galacticraft is all about the real solar system i thought it would be cool to have the asteroid belt included in the next update since we are going farther away from the sun in order. It would be amazing to jump from asteroid to asteroid and to settle on a huge one and mine it for resources. It would also be awesome if they could upgrade the terraform system and let it be possible to terraform asteroids and give them an atmosphere .This could include a new item that you could equip like a jet pack, not the jet pack you think the kind astronaut wears. It would use air to fuel it which would make it less of a pain to include by using oxygen tank as fuel. Something if possible would be a very cool would be different measures of gravity in different sizes of asteroids , maybe a category of small , medium , large. A unique thing they also could do is have a sort of flying custom mob as a boss. The boss dungeon could be rooms inside asteroid with small bridges connected to each asteroid which would be easy to spot because it would be a good size cluster of asteroids .Caves could be included as small but in the middle it would be a hollow sphere with ores and rock in the middle connected by rock tethers as a core. Another mob that would be very awesome kinda similar to the parasite on mars are little flying insect in the middle core of a big asteroids which would spawn from hives that could be destroyed. They would be hostile mobs and after a few sting you would get an effect like nausea or fatigued and if the hives were destroyed it would maybe drop astro honey or some new mean of food outside earth. This would be an even better experience with the ship customization that they are making. Lastly the asteroids would be in an endless round line to make it more realistic than having random asteroids every wear. This is what a propose , i think it would be really neat to have this included and i hope you do to leave comment on my idea at the bottom and your thought and what should be included in this. Keep reading for the less likely thing that could be in this dimension

-Very cool ideas that will probably never happen-

One very cool cool addition to this dimension would be the asteroids rotating and when you walked around the asteroid you never fell off just rotated with the steroid to each side. Another very neat thing to have would movement of asteroid around and into each other crushing and connecting into each other. The gravitational pull on asteroid that are almost round would change battle and building you would have to think about you build same with space station if it was zero-gravity it would be amazing to maximize space by floating around you station instead of fall back to earth. Lastly thing that would be cool is to see the sun and the planets rotating around you like Jupiter and mars. These are some crazy ideas i know but wouldn't be amazing.

Reactions: Ulv77

zachblue2

Nov 23, 2013
ya that some of the stuff i was a lil curious about if it could be done but eh i could do with out

zachblue2

Nov 23, 2013
Thats the other thing i was thinking of couldn't they make the ships like entity but breakable like the zeppelin mod?

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
No that's impossible but teleporting the structure is possible they could make a thing called a warp drive and take your ship where you want instantly

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
O dear, there are at least 5 topics about asteroid belts, but I chose this. :)

Just wanted to leave this here:

2014-01-13_02.24.27.png

g+ post

Download: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/asteroid-chaos/

... also, I could tell how to use the world save in Galacticraft...

EDIT: copy-pasta from relevant post:
As to "orbits that passed by the Earth every once and awhile": Asteroids [comets] could have sort of day-night cycle, or a "window", a period of time within an asteroid can be explored, mined etc, this is the "nighttime". Out of this "window", due to exposure to the Sun, the asteroid becomes unstable, breaks up, explodes in bits. To know when an asteroid is passing by and it's safe to go there, you could use satellites and telescopes(...)

EDIT2: ideas for asteroid structures: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...oid-belt-amazing-ideas.2835/page-2#post-25888

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
No matter how much satisfaction I've received from playing Minecraft, it has somehow always felt like I've been a prisoner. As I'm in complete denial of the new algorithm theory, I'm hoping Galacticraft can take me to a new world there I can start over as a free individual.