Votes: 82 98.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
Ok, I am going to try something, but I will have to figure out which add-ons add which planets/moons etc.

Byomakuta

Sep 28, 2016
Kongu, if you cant solve the moon duplication issue, maybe you can say in the galaxy map that each one is a meridian of the moon (like the opposite sides of the moon)

example: Io(occidental meridian), Io(oriental meridian)

please dont kill me if you dont like the idea ;-;

Reactions: Superman

Kongu223

Nov 18, 2016
Kongu, if you cant solve the moon duplication issue, maybe you can say in the galaxy map that each one is a meridian of the moon (like the opposite sides of the moon)

example: Io(occidental meridian), Io(oriental meridian)

please dont kill me if you dont like the idea ;-;

wow, that's not a bad idea :) , but the main issue is that they different and I don't underdstand that

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
wow, that's not a bad idea :) , but the main issue is that they different and I don't underdstand that
Maybe one of the mods has it in the config file to disable it? I'm looking around in them trying to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm trying to disable the one from ExtendedPlanets because it's not as realistic as the other one. However, there seems to be no option for it.

Last edited:

kingofminers

Content developer
ExtendedPlanets
Sep 5, 2015
a 30:70 universe.
Maybe one of the mods has it in the config file to disable it? I'm looking around in them trying to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm trying to disable the one from ExtendedPlanets because it's not as realistic as the other one. However, there seems to be no option for it.
Disable the planet it's from.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Ah, this is the Milky Way project. I thought it's a public server or something.

Anyway, as I said, you have my agreement. Though I can't tell when I'll be able to publish the next version (damn multiblocks, damn tileentities...)

What will be relevant for my mod are asteroid belts from other mods, and also the colors of new suns for dynamic sky rendering. Rendering belts the same way as planets looks weird, and I don't know how to figure out which colors these glow effects around other suns are supposed to be from the icon.

I guess I could also make the position of my solar system configurable. The dimension IDs are configurable already. So should be the tiers needed to reach the Amun-Ra-System. These should probably be adjusted to whatever is the highest tier of rocket you can gain in the Sol system now.

Also, what about motherships? (When I finally finish them, that is...) Right now, they can orbit pretty much anything, including stars and moons, and if the body is landeable, you can land there, too, even if you have to jump off the mothership (If it's not landeable, you just die if you do so). I suppose I should add a blacklist of bodies. But then, should being on the blacklist mean that the MS can't orbit the body, or just that you can't land there by any means?

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
Ah, this is the Milky Way project. I thought it's a public server or something.

Anyway, as I said, you have my agreement. Though I can't tell when I'll be able to publish the next version (damn multiblocks, damn tileentities...)

What will be relevant for my mod are asteroid belts from other mods, and also the colors of new suns for dynamic sky rendering. Rendering belts the same way as planets looks weird, and I don't know how to figure out which colors these glow effects around other suns are supposed to be from the icon.

I guess I could also make the position of my solar system configurable. The dimension IDs are configurable already. So should be the tiers needed to reach the Amun-Ra-System. These should probably be adjusted to whatever is the highest tier of rocket you can gain in the Sol system now.

Also, what about motherships? (When I finally finish them, that is...) Right now, they can orbit pretty much anything, including stars and moons, and if the body is landeable, you can land there, too, even if you have to jump off the mothership (If it's not landeable, you just die if you do so). I suppose I should add a blacklist of bodies. But then, should being on the blacklist mean that the MS can't orbit the body, or just that you can't land there by any means?
It should just mean you can't land on it. Or give an option for both if you would be willing to.

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
That's weird, is the planet Jupiter?
Uhhh... I'm guessing you quoted the wrong post, so if you're talking about the 2 moons bug, then yes. I tried disabling Jupiter from your mod but the moon is still there. (Not trying to be offensive but the other mod had a more realistic Io as it's suppose to be a volcanic planet, so I kinda wanted that one.)

kingofminers

Content developer
ExtendedPlanets
Sep 5, 2015
a 30:70 universe.
Uhhh... I'm guessing you quoted the wrong post, so if you're talking about the 2 moons bug, then yes. I tried disabling Jupiter from your mod but the moon is still there. (Not trying to be offensive but the other mod had a more realistic Io as it's suppose to be a volcanic planet, so I kinda wanted that one.)
I don't mind, GalaxySpace's is more realistic, but it's an issue that when you try to disable Jupiter it has errors, I'll try to fix that as well.

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
I don't mind, GalaxySpace's is more realistic, but it's an issue that when you try to disable Jupiter it has errors, I'll try to fix that as well.
Not exactly "errors". Your Jupiter seems to be disabled, however the moon Io is not.

DANIELESP117

Oct 11, 2015
how many star systems have been devised. because there a lot of systems with great content for take advantage of. for example trappist system because have three living planets and other curious systems are Our neighboring stars which have 2 confirmed planets until they believe that there could be more so there could put some outputs of the imagination as the example of pandora the planet of the movie avatar
Another interesting system is the 55cancri system has a lot of gas giants, but it is believed that it could have a large system of satellites around these planets, and out of curiosity one of the planets has a size equivalent to twice the earth and is suspected to be composed of carbon, ie a planet with abundance in diamond And other carbon-derived elements. other is tau ceti system As far as I read is a star with large vestiges of rings and debris in a few words asteroid belts planetoid comets and dwarf planets, even believed to have planets with approximate sizes to the earth. In a nutshell a mining system as it is not expected to have reliable planets for life. well this are some examples for that But my main recommendation is that they try to adjust the variability and abundance of minerals in each planet as well as systems since I have found the case of visiting planets where there is literally nothing only rock so the presence of minerals is relatively the same as In the earth but with variability of proportions, that is to say if you go to a planet near its star there must abound compounds or volatile minerals for example redstone diamond diamonds distant planets for example that haiga titanium tungsten etc. And if you need to deepen in some aspects our solar system, but try to do it the most similar to reality. Because believe me that galacticraft is something that can certainly be great thanks to the reality and imagination of the developers :D.
yes I know this is another topic but it is something similar and I want to express it.

Status
Not open for further replies.