No Power to Create Wafers

MrUnhandy

Oct 14, 2013
I obviously need electricity to create wafers, so I need something like a coal generator to get electricity, but to get a coal generator I need compressed metal, in order to get that I need a compressor.
But then I need a wafer to construct a compressor!
How on earth do I start using this mod on survival then?
Am I missing something obvious?

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/dzH6CRJ4

Last edited:

MrUnhandy

Oct 14, 2013
Sorry, I updated my OP with the pastebin link.
Btw, I downloaded and installed Basic Components and I still need the compressed metals for the coal generator.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Why did you download basic components? I just installed the same version of GC, and it works without it.
Your using outdated version of NEI you need the 9.0.5, and the 1.6.1.4.
Anyway. Let me look into it. Allot has changed in GC2. I haven't had time to play with it.

Oct 13, 2013
I see what you mean. I looked and there is no way to generate power without using either wafers or compressed metal in a crafting recipe and a compressor requires a wafer and obviously you can't build something with a wafer if you have no power. Earlier I was trying to find out what item to use to make a wafer now I don't even think you can make one.

Willcraft

Oct 15, 2013
You need to make a circuit fabricator to create wafers, but I haven't found out how to use the fabricator yet, if someone figures it out let me know.

MrUnhandy

Oct 14, 2013
I just tried out what's on the wiki and it doesn't make the coal generator.
You really need to have compressed metals, or it won't work.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
The generator requires copper ingots, iron ingot's, a furnace, and aluminum wire. All possible without wafers or electricity.