Oil Extraction Issue (the oil is not extracting)

Mar 4, 2013
kibougamine gakuen
I'm running a server just for me and my friend. Forge and Player API are up-to-date. The mod is version 0.0.14. Neither of us has any other mods installed.

Everything has been spawning normally, but we had to go far from our base to create new chunks so oil would spawn, since I started the world before oil existed. But it's okay and we found a ton of oil and we each had a Portable Oil Extractor and an empty Liquid Canister. We right-clicked every part of every oil spout we could find, including (especially) the source blocks, and the canisters wouldn't fill up. We tried left-clicking, too... and left- and right-clicking with the canisters themselves... and holding the various buttons down for varying lengths of time... and I tried using buckets, but it gave me buckets of water without removing the oil source block. And we submerged ourselves in the oil and clicked with great determination and nothing filled up.

So what I'm saying is I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just missing the intended method for collecting the oil.

Thanks!

xTricky

Mar 5, 2013
Hey, yeah I had the same problem so I did some testing on Super flat Creative and this is how i think it works. When I used me portable oil extractor, I would right click a source block. Now I found out it only adds a tiny bit for every oil source block you right click. Just go on a creative world and make an oil lake and test my theory for yourself. Keep watch on your canister for every time you click. Pretty much you just need to find a lot. Hope this helps:)

Mar 4, 2013
kibougamine gakuen
Oh, I just tested your theory and it does work! It feels so counter-intuitive that you get limited oil even though the source block doesn't disappear. I guess I have to keep track of which ones I've right-clicked? Weird. Thanks for your help!

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
One thing that seems to vary as to whether or not it's true is that the source block has to have solid ground under it in order to be extractable. I've tested this and gotten results that both support and refute this though. Also, if the oil touches water the oil takes on the property of the water and thus cannot be extracted.