Opening a space station file with MCEdit?

Green

Oct 15, 2013
I just want to know if this is possible and if so, how?
I also would like to know the location of the file I am looking for.
I want to know because a parachest is causing my server to crash. I hate those things. I want to go in and remove it but can't figure out how to open the space station that it's on. Help?

I have a client crash log, but can provide a server crash log if requested.
http://pastebin.com/twdSVwM7

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Let me guess... a parachest landed on a something it should not? I accidentally let a parachest fall on a launch pad while I was messing around with gravity gun. I got ticking entity too. I fixed it with MCEdit.

First, go to the directory where your server world is saved, there's a directory named DIM_SPACESTATIONx (x is a number), memorize this name! Now rename it to DIMxx, whereas xx is an up-to-two-digit number like DIM2 or DIM10. Memorize this name too!

Once you renamed it, open MCEdit. Click on "Open a Level", navigate to where you save your server worlds, open the level.dat of the offending world.

Once the world is loaded, Click on "Goto dimension", select the dimension that you renamed.

Once the dimension is loaded, fly to the area where the parachest is glitching, delete it. Save your world. Close MCEdit. Rename back the dimension directory to its original name.

Last edited:

silipopilli

May 24, 2019
Let me guess... a parachest landed on a something it should not? I accidentally let a parachest fall on a launch pad while I was messing around with gravity gun. I got ticking entity too. I fixed it with MCEdit.

First, go to the directory where your server world is saved, there's a directory named DIM_SPACESTATIONx (x is a number), memorize this name! Now rename it to DIMxx, whereas xx is an up-to-two-digit number like DIM2 or DIM10. Memorize this name too!

Once you renamed it, open MCEdit. Click on "Open a Level", navigate to where you save your server worlds, open the level.dat of the offending world.

Once the world is loaded, Click on "Goto dimension", select the dimension that you renamed.

Once the dimension is loaded, fly to the area where the parachest is glitching, delete it. Save your world. Close MCEdit. Rename back the dimension directory to its original name.

I dont know if anyone is still on here, but I need to remmove a few blocks from Mars, where can I find that file?