Orbital Miner

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I mean in the fact that you could always just place a quarry on the surface, and it would require a lot less hassle. Then again, space drills are wayyyy cooler than boring old quarries.
It would be GC's version of the quarry. Almost every big mod has it's own version. BC, Thaumcraft, Minefactory Reloaded, why not Galacticraft and a space themed quarry type machine?

And yeah lasers are cool. Space Lasers are even cooler!

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I mean in the fact that you could always just place a quarry on the surface, and it would require a lot less hassle. Then again, space drills are wayyyy cooler than boring old quarries.

It could be a good way to continuously supply the space station with raw materials. Instead of having to ship it all up from the Overworld, it would get "pumped" straight where you need it.

If you haven't seen it, Yogscast just installed a laser drill on their space station and is essentially doing this exact thing (or at least the way I picture it)

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
It could be a good way to continuously supply the space station with raw materials. Instead of having to ship it all up from the Overworld, it would get "pumped" straight where you need it.

If you haven't seen it, Yogscast just installed a laser drill on their space station and is essentially doing this exact thing (or at least the way I picture it)

Laser drill is from MFR, and pops random ore out of no where. It's essentially creating ore instead of mining it.

My idea would be to have a Galacticraft version of a quarry. Space drills and lasers are all over Sci-Fi, so an orbital miner would fit nicely with the theme of the mod, and the way I imagined it in my original post wouldn't be creating ore. It would be mining it from the surface like an actual quarry does.