Oribital cannons

Beep Boop

Mar 22, 2019
I think an amazing addition to galacticraft in the next update would be orbital cannons. Perhaps the satellite that was recently added to the game can play some part in its functionality. An orbital cannon could be fun and absolutely awesome. The orbital cannon could be useful for maybe mining, or maybe clearing an area with tons of mobs. I understand that players could use it to destroy dungeons, but to prevent that, maybe when the orbital cannon strikes, it destroys the items with it? I dunno, it was just an idea I had and I wanted to share it.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I posted a suggestion similar to this long long long ago. My idea was mostly for mining and would have required building some kind of targeting block or machine at the target area.

The way I originally envisioned it working was that you'd build the laser on your station, then go down to the planet below and build the target block/machine (to send a signal that the laser can lock onto), then the laser is fired and an invisible block is spawned at max height on the planet.

That invisible block spawns the planet side laser that shoots down onto the ground.

The planet side laser could levitate blocks up (kinda like how ICBM Anti-gravity Missile worked) and then make them disappear. This would mine resources and dig a big hole (like the Quarry does).

There could be different laser tiers that are bigger and/or work faster.

https://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/orbital-miner.2604/