Orrible thing! Is this true?

Is that true?

• YES, :''''''''-(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TOTALLY NOT! WHO SAID THAT???

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Jul 13, 2014
I recently learnt that the man that create minecraft forge has stopped do it, so in 1.8 we won't have good mods! Is this true? we really won't have a 1.8 gc version? I want to know everything about this. (why, if there is someother person that will substitute he, if you can cross around this problem so we will have a gc version in 1.8, etc...).

thanks everyone.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Maybe a forum for a mod about space isnt the best place to post about forge's developer quitting... but besides that...

I haven't heard anything about this. If this is actually going to happen, hopefully forge is taken over by someone else considering its a grand peice of mod loading software.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Late for the MS buyout drama? It happened 20 days ago. :)

1. One of the forge developers, cpw, was retired because he was tired, he was coming back to the development but he changed his mind after Microsoft buyout as he hates deeply Microsoft: http://redd.it/2ggi6l, read minecraftcpw's replies.

2. LexManos, one of the forge developers, said he will continue working on the forge unless Microsoft forces him to stop: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,23497.msg119189.html#msg119189

3. There will be 1.8 update: https://twitter.com/voxcpw/status/511535626718806016

Reactions: AcapitalA

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
I just want to confirm what Ezer'Arch said is 100% correct

Forge is very important to me, and I follow its development and the blogs of its creators

Lex is working on forge 1.8, comments from my son ( who works for Microsoft, but is not near the purchase of Mojang ) lead me to believe that at least as far as 1.8 there will probably not be an issue, beyond that it is difficult to say.

But as 1.8 is currently the definitive version of Minecraft, I think we have a strong future if they get forge to that level.

I am thinking of 1.8 as Mojang's Release version of Minecraft

We dont know what Microsofts versions of minecraft will be, or if we will even use them, that is a future discussion.

But if we get Forge for 1.8... then Modders can stop updating to new versions of Minecraft, and just work on their Mods for the definitive version of Minecraft

As you can tell Im a glass half full kind of person, looking for good, in bad, it might even be a good thing.. that there is one version that folks do Mod work on, and dont constantly have to udate to a new verion.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2014
I just want to confirm what Ezer'Arch said is 100% correct

Forge is very important to me, and I follow its development and the blogs of its creators

Lex is working on forge 1.8, comments from my son ( who works for Microsoft, but is not near the purchase of Mojang ) lead me to believe that at least as far as 1.8 there will probably not be an issue, beyond that it is difficult to say.

But as 1.8 is currently the definitive version of Minecraft, I think we have a strong future if they get forge to that level.

I am thinking of 1.8 as Mojang's Release version of Minecraft

We dont know what Microsofts versions of minecraft will be, or if we will even use them, that is a future discussion.

But if we get Forge for 1.8... then Modders can stop updating to new versions of Minecraft, and just work on their Mods for the definitive version of Minecraft

As you can tell Im a glass half full kind of person, looking for good, in bad, it might even be a good thing.. that there is one version that folks do Mod work on, and dont constantly have to udate to a new verion.
yeah, but 1.7.10 has a lot of bugs also without mods, so update to 1.8 is a very good idea, also because if you don't play 1.8 you lose a lot of minecraft

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
yeah, but 1.7.10 has a lot of bugs also without mods, so update to 1.8 is a very good idea, also because if you don't play 1.8 you lose a lot of minecraft

I actually agree

1.8 is the version we are looking forward to, and with 1.8 my playing group intends to start a fresh game, with Galacticraft as the only Mod

We are playing a 1.7.10 world now, and haveing a blast, but we will consider the 1.8 world to be our actual adventure with Glacticraft, and we have massive plans, we consider the world we are playing now, as a test bed for the future.

I don’t think Lex will have an issue with Forge for 1.8

But beyond 1.8 it is difficult to say.