Other mods Generating things on the Moon, and Mars

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to stop other mods from generating flowers and such on the moon, and mars. I added Galacticraft to a pack and stuff from pams harvest craft, and the ruins mod are generating on the moon and mars. I checked the Galacticraft config and noticed that there was a config that said "generate other mod's features on mars" By default it was set to false but other mods are still generating up there. Any ideas?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
The only mods generating things are MFR, Pams Harvest Craft, and Ruins mod. I'll take a look at their configs. Thanks for the help anyway!
Edit-Forgot to add this is actually 1.7.10. I was using a dev build so I could play with open blocks as I noticed it was fixed. Build 143 to be exact.

-Nick Killeen

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
If it's happening in 1.7.10, that's a problem. Please give exact version numbers of those other mods you are using, so I can test the same.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Well the pack I was using was Bevo's Tech Pack, which I added Galacticraft to.
The Mods I see conflicting with generation on the moon and Mars are
-GC 1.7-3.0.0.140
-Pams HarvestCraft 1.7.10a
-Ruins-1.7.10
I'll also include all the cofh mods as they are required to run MFR which seems to be generating sludge on the moon.
-CoFHLib-[1.7.10]1.0.0B2-18
-CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0B2-24
-ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B1-4
-MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC1-540

Here is a link to the log right before I blasted off. http://pastebin.com/LsvxTZd0

Also found a strange bug when you get to the top of the world right before the planet menu in a tier 3 rocket you fall out of the rocket and back down to earth. If you re-log you will appear just before the planet menu again and then you will be able to enter the menu. This is in dev build 140.
Video of bug

If there is anything else you need let me know.

Edit-The bug I spoke about with the rocket also occurs in build 1.7-3.0.0.145

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It's ok, the issue is posted here now, and I'm sure just as many players use the forum as look at the Github issues list.

I'm not seeing this rocket issue, and I make many rocket flights every day while testing out other stuff... Please can you test if you still have the issue with only Galacticraft installed, and if you don't have it, then which mod added to the modpack causes it to happen. (Quickest way to find that is a binary search: pull half of the mods out of the /mods folder, test, then depending on the outcome of the test, either pull out half of what's left, or put back in half of what you took out. Make a new world for testing this, obviously, as this is going to mess your world up).

It's normal for MFR to generate sludge and other liquids on the Moon, though there's an easy fix to that: /config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/common.cfg, search for "# A comma-separated list of dimension IDs to disable MFR worldgen in" and set this setting like this:
Code:
S:WorldGen.DimensionBlacklist=-28,-29,-30

Maybe have a look at Pam's HarvestCraft and Ruins and see if they have similar config settings?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
@radfast so Galacticraft in v1.7-3.0.0.146 with Galacticraft alone with NEI seemed to work. Anyway the issue seems to be fine with Galacticraft alone. Watch this though,
You'll notice that right before I hit the menu it looks like you are dropping out of the rocket and then the menu pops up not sure what's going on here. Alone it seems to be working fine I will begin to test the modpack now.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Ok so I tested it with the Modpack (v1.7-3.0.0.146) and it worked perfectly. I think this issue may be because of just lag. Also GG on the Mekanism support work great! The only issue I see now is entering the asteroid dimension. You come down without a lander and have to restart the world, (exit to title screen and re-log) to come down in the lander.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks for the video, I see the issue happening but I'm not sure what's going on there - seems to be a type of lag but it never happens to me and I test on the oldest laptop imaginable. We can look for some "probable causes" though.

The asteroid dimension thing may be a similar type of lag issue, again I've never seen it in my testing. Does it happen to you every time, or only sometimes? When you come down without the lander, can you break blocks and pick up items?

And where are we at with the Pam's HarvestCraft worldgen problem?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Ya my guess would most likely be lag. Even if it takes a little bit it seems to always load the menu no matter what, at least it has every time for me. All the other world gen, pams harvest, mfr, and ruins) was sorta fixed. MFR worked great thanks to your advice. Pam's harvest, I had to disable all world gen as they provide to way to black list dimensions. I ended up also taking the ruins mod out of my pack as I couldn't find anything about dimension disabling in the config. I did see things about disabling biomes and searched for the moon biome and mars flat but could not find those on the list to disable.

Asteroid-
So I tried 3 different launches all from the overworld. Every one resulted the same way, I would enter the dimension without the landing pod and begin to descend. After I landed I could not mine blocks, take damage from lack of oxygen, throw blocks by pressing q or pick up items. Video:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Asteroids - you're absolutely sure you're using the latest Galacticraft version (that's 3.0.0.149 as of now)?
Is this in single player or are you logged in to a server? (If it's a server, does the server also have the latest version)
Please go to /config/Galacticraft/core.conf, look for the "enable debug" setting and setting it to true, then give me the relevant extract from your log around the time you go to the Asteroids, there should be plenty of logging there about switching player between dimensions.
Also please test both using a Tier 3 rocket and using the /dimensiontp command Things can go smoother using the actual Tier 3 rocket.
I assume that you're always arriving in about the same spot in the Asteroids dimension?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Before I was using the latest release which was 3.0.0.146. I switched over and the issue's still occurred. This is single player. Here's a video using the dimension tp command:
Here's a link to my log with de-bug enabled just before I used the tp command: http://pastebin.com/mU9PcRh5 . This was the tier 3 rocket test Vid:
This was a log from just before I launched the rocket with de-bug enabled: http://pastebin.com/MnfATSPR
It did seem that I was arriving in the same spot with the rocket. I remember falling in that same hole before. Any other info? I'm more than willing to test/do.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
OK looking at your logs I'm seeing this:
[06/8/2014 13:43:11 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.client.gui.screen.GuiCelestialSelection
[06/8/2014 13:43:18 PM] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 8022ms behind, skipping 160 tick(s)
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: Found matching world (-30) for name: Asteroids
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: DEBUG: Attempting to remove player from old dimension 0
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: DEBUG: Successfully removed player from old dimension 0
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: DEBUG: Sending respawn packet to player for dim -30
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Testing asteroid at x10 y199 z72
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found asteroid at x10 z72
[06/8/2014 13:43:19 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: DEBUG: Loading first chunk in new dimension.
[06/8/2014 13:43:22 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiDownloadTerrain
[06/8/2014 13:43:22 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: Server attempting to transfer player **MINECRAFTUSERNAME** to dimension -30
[06/8/2014 13:43:22 PM] [Server thread/INFO] [Project Red]: Created Retrogen database for dimension -30
[06/8/2014 13:43:22 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[06/8/2014 13:43:22 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: Available server commands: SetForestryWorktableRecipe
[06/8/2014 13:43:29 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiChat
[06/8/2014 13:43:30 PM] Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.6.4
[06/8/2014 13:43:30 PM] Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.7.2
[06/8/2014 13:43:30 PM] Your mcversion is: Minecraft 1.7.10 and matches the next Update Checker data segment
[06/8/2014 13:43:30 PM] IC2 Advanced Machines Addon was found up to date by Update Checker
[06/8/2014 13:43:39 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiChat
[06/8/2014 13:43:40 PM] event

Here are my comments:
* the Galacticraft code appears to be working correctly according to the DEBUG lines and the FoundAsteroid line - that is 100% normal
* you have major lag where it logs "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" - when I say "major" lag I mean horrendous, like everything literally stopped for 8 seconds - it was even worse in your other log
* I'm seeing InventoryTweaks logging around the position of the lag so it could be something connected with that
* You have some kind of other problem with these spammed messages about "mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.6.4"
* You have repeated errors from SteamCraft.

I'm not really willing to spend more time trouble-shooting this when you have other mods reporting errors. I strongly recommend you make a thinned-down modpack which includes only Galacticraft and one of the power mods and NEI, and test with that. (Not InventoryTweaks or SteamCraft obviously, as those could be connected with the lag. Also not Forestry.)

If the thinned-down modpack works without these dimension teleport errors, then start adding in other mods, and see if you can figure out which one makes the problem start happening again.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Ok, thanks for the advice. Sorry if this wasn't a Galacticraft issue. I would honestly like to thank you though for spending all the time you did on this. Good to know what a dedicated team you guys got going!

Thanks again,
-Nick Killeen

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
My pleasure. And I'm not saying it's 100% not a Galacticraft issue, it might be, but the best approach is to eliminate some of those other potential causes first.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Pretty sure now this isn't a Galacticraft issue. I was able to have 5 tier 3 rocket launches perfectly to the Asteroid dimension, and did a extra /dimensiontp trip and they all cam out ok. Only mods installed were GC and NEI/CodeChicken

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Good to hear. It will be interesting to know which mod in your modpack is causing the lag with dimension changes. Once you've identified which one it is, we can maybe look at whether we can do anything in Galacticraft to ease the situation.