Oxygen and Terraformer Config/mod Options

Rho0116

Jun 16, 2015
Good-day! I'd like to first state that the mod is awesome, i found it and haven't stopped playing it and its addons! It revolutionized my interactions with minecraft.

Onto business.
-Suggestions-
(Please note, I am not meaning to suggest creation of all of these, just suggesting these as ideas to make the game play for mappers like me more user friendly and less soul draining. Lol)

A. Options in the Config file to calibrate the distance of the Oxygen Bubble distributor, Terraformer, and Oxygen Controller, for creative mode use.
-Reason: I dunno how many others are doing this, but I am making maps on multiple planets in game, using some addons, and I end up having to place dozens, if not hundreds of oxygen bubblers and terraformers in game to make the game at least marginally habitable. This has caused crashes in game.
Note: See picture attached for what i'm talking about.

B. New creative blocks that generate atmospheres within all opened chunks in planetary dimensions, which can also operate on Addon worlds.
-Reason: Somewhat same as A. But also to allow for spawning of NPCs via other mods.
Note: See picture attached for what i'm talking about.

C. A machine or addon that allows for the creation of new Star Systems & Planets for those systems or Sol System, so as to allow for more creative playing for people in the game. Something like RF Tools does in its mod, but less complicated lol.
-Reason: The Addons do not always cooperate with each other or other mods, which leads to crashes and other problems. Further, I notice that the Milkyway is labeled, alongside the Sol-System, which leads me to believe that you have bigger ideas for what Galacticraft can become. I sincerely think this kinda addon could revolutionize the Minecraft experience and attract more attention to your works!

D. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make galacticraft more compatible with MCEdit? I am unsure as to how many people use MC-Edit, but your dimensions and the others all are workable in MCEdit, or through other means, and due to that, sometimes things crash or become problematic.
-Reason: When importing massive structures or world building, most blocks appear as purple, and some dimensions do not appear right.

E. Different forms of transport between planets. Things that don't require rockets with ids and schimatics, or the /dimensiontp command.
-Reason: The Schimatic ID's seem to be a problem when loading up the mod with addons because of the ID friction with other mods.

anyhow. Sorry for it being kinda long winded, but I really do adore this mod, and see a lot of potential in it to become a lot greater and become something that might get your team more well known.

Thank you so much for your hard work on this amazing mod! And thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
-Rho

Attachments

• 2015-08-31_17.30.47.png
    2015-08-31_17.30.47.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 5

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Have you tried to oxygen seal the area instead? But yes, larger bubble distributors would be nice. Maybe also some thing which oxygenates entire chunks. As for transport, I recommend EnhancedPortals. But, can't you change some config files to fix the ID problems?

Rho0116

Jun 16, 2015
I've done that. However, the interaction of some Addons with other mods can make for frustrating problems in game. As an example, I had the Portal Guns mod installed, and due to it being present, it somehow interfered with the function of the /dimensiontp command to where it wouldn't work. Once I removed it, it worked better. As is, I use Lanteacraft to act as a mechanism for transit between dims. To add, I also had to redo ALL of the Dim IDs and some of the Biome & schim IDs to get the game to even start.

Rho0116

Jun 16, 2015
Used RF Tools, but it was not really compatible with my other mods + Galacticraft. Lanteacraft seems to do well for now. Thank you though