Oxygen gear doesn't work underwater?

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Europa is not a planet, it is a moon (although it is believed there is an underground ocean there, possibly containing life), nor is Uranus Or Neptune. Those Two Are Gas Giants,
dude...¬¬
get...a...life...

if i have to correced all my lines, i radder stop repleing here, simpelly because then a post will take me 15 minutets instead of the usual 15 seconds to writh it. -_-

mrgreaper

Apr 17, 2013
underwater breathing and ocean based planets sound very cool, so far in our testing we only have discovered the moon, not sure how to find the other planets yet ..but to be fair on the live server we havent the resources to get to the moon lol

Mar 11, 2013
germany
underwater breathing and ocean based planets sound very cool, so far in our testing we only have discovered the moon, not sure how to find the other planets yet ..but to be fair on the live server we havent the resources to get to the moon lol
indeed and the other planets aren't programmed in the GCcore yet (has checkt) maybe later.

mrgreaper

Apr 17, 2013
indeed and the other planets aren't programmed in the GCcore yet (has checkt) maybe later.
ah ok, not an issue as i say were not at going to moon stage yet...me and the other admin still live in a hole in the ground...its a nice hole but still a hole

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
I think you should make it that when you have a oxygen mask and tanks that you should be able to breath underwater on earth.

Logical, realistic, already suggested, will be necessary for water covered dimensions like Europa, Titan and Ceres.

I really like this idea as it easily bring a lot more to do and explore on your map. Even just in the Overworld. Using the oxygen mask to breath under water opens for building huge underwater complexes in the Overworld, and in other water covered palses in the universe. Combined with the already existing oxygen produsing systems and maybe introdusing a way to build flushing chambers, or overpresurised chambers, for comming and going from your underwater structure without it beeing flooded. Also some kind of water/fluid detector block that can be hooked up to automatic sealing doors should be introdused so that a wall breach does not flood your entire structure. I would love to be able to build large underwater structures in the Overworld and on water covered moons alswhere in the solar system and the universe. Some form of underwater vehicle like a one person submarine could also be intordused for underwater exploring.

Reactions: hypehuman

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
As I said somewhere else, astronauts train with space suit (or replicas) in deep pools of water to simulate low gravity, then I could infer that a space suit would work underwater but surely won't be what best fits in a real life underwater exploration.

Nasa_astronaut_training_at_NBL.jpg

I would love to be able to build large underwater structures in the Overworld and on water covered moons tin the solar system and the universe. Some form of underwater vehicle like a one person submarine could also be intordused for underwater exploring.
That's the thing. Galacticraft is not meant to offer means to explore Overworld underwater, but surely it will have if a liquid covered planet/moon is implemented. Until there, install a diver/scuba mod.

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
That's the thing. Galacticraft is not meant to offer means to explore Overworld underwater, but surely it will have if a liquid covered planet/moon is implemented. Until there, install a diver/scuba mod.

Do you know any diver/scuba mods that work with galacticraft?

Llama Drama

Nov 30, 2013
Hmmmm I was wondering if we could use Oxygen gear and tanks underwater in the overworld and of course, the other planets? (If water is "found" :3 lol) It makes sense....head is fully covered and the oxygen tanks are connected to the oxygen mask...why not? :)

Reactions: Blorph and livid